C++ Error "Too much global data in file"

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Hi friends, back after a long time. I am busy these days in my project.
I am using C++ for the project. First I got an error saying 64ktext exceeded, so i changed the exe to medium (overlay).
Now, I am getting an error saying Too much global data in file
Help me out of these as soon as possible. You can even sms me at 9890053364 if you know out the problem so that I can call you back.
Plz be fast.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
seems like u have large arrays like ( say ) a[1000][1000][1000] .. so something similar ..
reduce the no. of variables .. this will definitely solve the problem ..
if your program doesnt allow to reduce them .. then .. ughh wait for others to answer :)

-----
alibi

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
i have hardly used any global variables. most of them are characters (not strings) and integers. I have also used few pointer strings. This doent count much. I am able to run my program only when i disable a few of my functions. Currently my program is of 9000 lines. So after disabling 4000 lines i am able to run my program. Just cant understand why the hell is this sort of error coming. I had used many classes and only one class variable i have declared as global.
By the way can nebody tell some substitute for TC3.0 which can be able to run this program.

harmax

Journeyman
split the program into managable parts
if u had use oop approach u would not have done this mistake.
compile each seperately and include them in the file which ur goin to run

NikhilVerma

Padawan
casanova said:
i have hardly used any global variables. most of them are characters (not strings) and integers. I have also used few pointer strings. This doent count much. I am able to run my program only when i disable a few of my functions. Currently my program is of 9000 lines. So after disabling 4000 lines i am able to run my program. Just cant understand why the hell is this sort of error coming. I had used many classes and only one class variable i have declared as global.
By the way can nebody tell some substitute for TC3.0 which can be able to run this program.

If you can then post your program ... so that we can run it on our compilers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom