C++ books needed (names)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

Can someone please tell me any good book on C++. One that has good language, covers C under linux or is written specially for linux programming, has plenty examples with good explanation and very less grammar errors and good language is important....

One of my friends suggested "C++ complete reference" by Herbert Schildt. But on ACCU, that book has been reviewed as pretty bad. Another is C++ Primer. Which one to go for? Any other names?

I tried Balagurusamy and I hate that book. It sucks (IMO it sucks).

Aditya

sakumar79

Technomancer
Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel is a great book (also available for free download as a pdf at *www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html site)

Arun

go4saket

I dont know weather it has anything of Linux, but the best C++ book I came across is called "Turbo C++" by Robert Lafore.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
aditya.shevade said:
Hi

Can someone please tell me any good book on C++. One that has good language, covers C under linux or is written specially for linux programming, has plenty examples with good explanation and very less grammar errors and good language is important....

One of my friends suggested "C++ complete reference" by Herbert Schildt. But on ACCU, that book has been reviewed as pretty bad. Another is C++ Primer. Which one to go for? Any other names?

I tried Balagurusamy and I hate that book. It sucks (IMO it sucks).

Aditya
I have got C++ primer plus ebook.If you want that then pm me.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
A single book can't teach every concept clearly,u need to apply the features of languages and learn new thing.Learn C++ and MFC simultaneously.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
'learn c++ in 21 days'. trust me this is a good book. the language is exactly as you want. its like a person is actually teaching it to u. the exercises at the end of each day are good. i think the 5th edition is out. but it has nothing to do with C under linux.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
only 3 books

Oops and C++ by Balaguruswamy

C++ Robet lafore
Let US c++ by YPK

and after that solve

test your C++ Skills by YPK

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well here r the books i Would Recommend :
The following books are recommended; read them in mostly the order listed.

• "Accelerated C++" Andrew Koenig & Barbara Moo
• "The C++ Standard Library" Nicolai Josuttis --- a "must have"
• "Effective C++", "More Effective C++", "Effective STL" Scott Meyers
• "Exceptional C++", "More Exceptional C++" Herb Sutter
• "The C++ Programming Language" 3rd edition or later Bjarne Stroustrup
• "Modern C++ Design" Andrei Alexandrescu
• "C++ Templates" Vandevoorde & Josuttis
• "Standard C++ IOStreams and Locales" Langer & Kreft

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
C++ complete refernce is a very good book if you only want to understand the theory part.Does not have c under linux though.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
Try al stevns C++ Programming. Its us edition is named Teach ourself c++.

Quincy perovided with it is great free IDE. light on the system too. unlike Dev c++.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Tech.Masti said:
what is MFC ??
it's the Microsoft Foundation Class Library for programming GUI Win32 Apps .

it's no use learnin it now coz now u have WinForms which r much easier to program n r much much more powerful n then u can graduate over to XAML if you wanna do total windows development .

amanjain59

Right off the assembly line
hi .. If you need any book I can give it to you . contact me at amanjain59@gmail.com.I can provide all kinds of Technical books like C, C++, Java etc by all the authors like yashwant kanitkar , balaguruswamy etc . You name the book and I will provide it to you

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
one more vote for C++ book by Robert Lafore....
C++ How to program by Deitel & Deitel is not a bad choice either..
but I recommend one by Lafore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom