Buying wireless adapter for Kali Linux

anarchy0x

In the zone
I Am learning ethical hacking & need to buy a wireless adaptor for Kali linux
Am following this .. Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch | Udemy

This is the part he mentions about a wireless adaptor..
Wireless Adapters – zSecurity

Thinking of buying this one (supports both 2.5GHZ & 5GHZ) Alfa AWUS036ACH 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter – zSecurity

I emailed him & they said it would take 25-30 days for the adaptor to come..
So I was wondering if i could buy from here, even though it's a expensive by 1.3K, which is better than waiting time, is it reliable?...

*www.amazon.in/Alfa-AWUS036ACH-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Adapter/dp/B00VEEBOPG

Or is there any reliable cheaper substitute, should support monitor mode, packet injection etc.

I think for a long term & serious use, Alfa-AWUS036ACH which supports both 2.5GHZ & 5GHZ will be better, right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most important thing to look for is availability of linux drivers & whether they are compatible with the version of kali linux you are going to use.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@anarchy0x - if you are open to buy from aliexpress then you can get one under 1.2k :
*www.aliexpress.com/item/802-11ac-Dual-Band-1200Mbps-RTL8812AU-Network-Wireless-WLAN-USB-WiFi-Adapter-6dBi-WiFi-Antenna-for/32830550682.html?

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Anyone knows any shop in Lamington Road where I may get such wireless adaptors? Like the one mentioned above by topgear?
I have been to some shops here in Mumbai, but not in Lamington, only TP Link 725N & TL-WN823N are available & unfortunately, both don't meet my requirements : (

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be difficult anywhere in India as major sellers usually keep stock of only tplink/dlink/netgear. Better go with aliexpress option as it is a small value item so very less chances of customs issue.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^^ Hecking? You dont need to be a hacker to hack, Just type this in cmd

ping www.google.com

and boom you hacked google. Now you can proceed further to hack nasa from html.

alpha0

Right off the assembly line
Anyone knows any shop in Lamington Road where I may get such wireless adaptors? Like the one mentioned above by topgear?
I have been to some shops here in Mumbai, but not in Lamington, only TP Link 725N & TL-WN823N are available & unfortunately, both don't meet my requirements : (
Hi Bro ,
It's been time since you posted here .
I wanted to know if you bought it or not i can see the prices have surged to 11k in Amazon . Please let meknow if you had buy and was it worth

Top Bottom