Buying used/refurbished Android phones

srdigit16

In the zone
I want to buy a basic secondary smartphone budget as low as possible Main purpose social media, communication & testing Android apps. Normal usage should not lag. Will be better if upgradeable to latest android versions. In sites like Home - TheStockCut , Shoponn.in, refurbished 3GB ram phones available below Rs 2000. Are they worth buying?

quicky008

Technomancer
i had a bad experience after buying a refurb motorola phone from ebay a few years back-back then i didnt have enough money for a new phone.

the phone's battery drained really fast and its speaker died only after a few weeks of usage.Also the phone had a tendency to shut down or restart itself randomly several times during the day even when it was lying idle,not to mention it was in bad shape cosmetically and was dented/scratched in many places.

Thus i dont recommend buying refurbished phones,unless it comes from someone you really trust.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I want to buy a basic secondary smartphone budget as low as possible Main purpose social media, communication & testing Android apps. Normal usage should not lag. Will be better if upgradeable to latest android versions. In sites like Home - TheStockCut , Shoponn.in, refurbished 3GB ram phones available below Rs 2000. Are they worth buying?

You are asking too much for Rs 2k, even if refurbished.
I second quicky008's opinion that either get a second hand phone from someone you trust, or either "invest" on a new cheap phone, since it seems you want to use it for testing apps, which might be something that may potential earn you money (?).

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I think you should look at 2GUD for refurbished products. as that is controlled by Flipkart and has better support for customer. It also has returns on it.

But in any case, refurbished is refurbished.

Anyone knows where does those showroom/display units of mobile/laptop or those units which have been reviewed by digit or other reviewers go to?? Like do they sell it for cheaper or do they keep it or does company get it back??

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
IMO, New>Used>Refurb.

If one is considering Second Hand market, then the apple products are good. But not for android.

A new budget phones ofc. lasts longer than a used Flagship from android. And may perform better too.

And trend which I have seen from past years, A android phone worth 50k will last the same time as a phone worth 15K. High-ends though may last longer. But still, I prefer buying a 12-13k phone, use it for 3-3.5 years until it starts lagging, battery starts draining fast and some other errors and then throw it. I bought a samsung galaxy S4 in 2013, lasted me till 2015. Then bought a cheap Mi phone, lasted me till 2018 so ultimately lasted me the same time. So its better to buy 15k phone, then ditch after 2.5-3 years. U get both features on budget.

But if one is willing for apple, then He can rest assured for 5-6 years. I have seen people using iPhone 7 till today, without any problems. Even my friend sold his iPhone 6s for 10k. last year.

Top Bottom