Buying Nexus 6P.

D@rekills4

In the zone
Hi guys, I am buying the Nexus 6P soon.

The only thing I am worried about is the 3GB RAM, would it be enough guys? Most phones come with 4GB RAM these days.

Also, I am buying from FlipKart, so, anyone knows any good sites for coupons to help me drop the price a bit?

Thank you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Depending on your usage, 3GB should be sufficient for most day to day tasks and even moderate gaming.

Regarding price, you might wait till 15 August as there are bound to be independence day sales.

azvnoit

Journeyman
Nexus 6P is almost 10months old, around 3 quarters. Next line of processors and, camera, memory, feature upgrades have come out which you might miss.
Equivalent device would be OnePlus 3 or even Mi5. Rumors of Samsung S7 for ~37k if true is best deal. Otherwise wait for 1-2 months for new options. Samsung note7 releasing in August, also LG Xseries (X mach is an ok option). New nexus is also about to come.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If we look at it that way, we'll always be waiting for next device. The next Nexus would probably not be available in India not before October. If you can wait, yes wait or just buy.

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
Even though 6P is good, I'd say wait for the next Nexus from HTC.

If the leaked renders are true, then the next iPhone rip off is right around the corner.
Exclusive: this is what the 2016 Nexus phones, Sailfish and Marlin, will look lik
HTC Nexus Marlin/Sailfish First 3D Video Rendering Based on Latest Leaks - YouTub

I don't really want to be anywhere near an iPhone design.
Plus I am sure it will be very, very annoying when literally EVERY person who see's my new phone will say, "Hey, this looks just like the iPhone 6".

Isn't the OP3 a better buy?

It is but I didn't really like it's design either.
The OnePlus 2 was a really sexy phone though.

Nexus 6P is almost 10months old, around 3 quarters. Next line of processors and, camera, memory, feature upgrades have come out which you might miss.
Equivalent device would be OnePlus 3 or even Mi5. Rumors of Samsung S7 for ~37k if true is best deal. Otherwise wait for 1-2 months for new options. Samsung note7 releasing in August, also LG Xseries (X mach is an ok option). New nexus is also about to come.

Like I said above, didn't like the OnePlus 3's design.
Mi5, considering the issues almost all Mi users around me have had, no thanks. :| (In case you are wondering, 9/12 people around me who had Mi devices were pissed off about one issue or the other.)
S7 for 37K is no where close to happening.
And with the current state of TouchWiz? I would rather buy an Mi5 with hardware issues than look at TouchWiz everytime I take the phone out of pocket. Plus AOSP or a fully working CyanogenMod for S7 is months, probably a year away. So no Samsung.
Even my current N7000 I flashed CyanogenMod as soon as it landed in my hands because of how resource hungry TouchWiz is. Especially with only 800 MB RAM on the N7000, it was horrible with TouchWiz hogging 100 to 150 MB.
New Nexus, well, you can know why not above.

If we look at it that way, we'll always be waiting for next device. The next Nexus would probably not be available in India not before October. If you can wait, yes wait or just buy.

True that, which is why I just wanna buy what's available in the market right now.
Enough wait, my N7000, well, it's not on the verge of dying, thanks to the awesome developers at XDA, but the 800 MB RAM isn't going to last me for much longer.
Imagine playing Pokemon Go, or Hearthstone at 15 FPS. Yep, that's what I am doing on the N7000 right now.

I cannot wait till 15th August. If I do that I will be more tempted to wait further for a new device. Then I will wait more, and more and then I will be on my death bed, looking back at my life, regretting that I never bought a new phone.

No discount coupons for FlipKart guys? (Sorry if this sounds a bit greedy).

Top Bottom