buying new Trancend ram..

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsunny

Journeyman
i want to buy new ram.i'll go for trancend 512 mb ddr400 with 2.5 latencies.
i want to overclock my pc upto 2.2Ghz.which will increase the RAM speed beyond 210 mhz.is it safe for ram or it'll be fried' ?
i heard trancend rams can withstand higher speed.u can suggest anything else.
the seller asking 2950bucks.& 2000 exchanging my 256 mb dynet rams.ram price increased a lot.is it ok?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
if u wanna overclock rams then u can also tryout CORSAIR ones....

also these can be used Mushkin, GeIL, Kingston, and OCZ ..if u get them.....
and i hope u knwo how to overclock RAMs ;)

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Yes..........Transcend can go upto 420MHz with no probs.....
What matter is that the chips they r based on...

Try to get Transcend based on Samsung UCCC chips......they can run stabily @250MHz....i.e DDR 500MHz!!...

Or the ones based on ''Hynix D43'' chips also oc well....I have those....they r rated..3 CAS latency....but I run:D@2.5 stable(Prime95 & memtest) its also stable @2 (but did'nt test prime95 and memtest)...

Although I havent tried oc'ing this memory, (coz of mobo)....but i think they can go till 450+MHz......

Its better to get 512X2 .and run them in dual channel.....u will surely get better mem read/writes....
SO even it envolves memory running 20MHz slower,it dosen't matter! ;)

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
i dont want to overclock ram.i just want to increase the fsb uto 240 .with increasing fsb the ram speed also increases.i observed it by lowering ram speed to 166 & then increasing the fsb to 240 frm 200. the ram speed goes upto 197.
i want to do the same with default ram speed ie. 200.
so i want a ram which can withstand upto 240 mhz speed.any body tried this with A8N VM mobo.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Any good memory will go upto 240MHz i.e 480MHz...now that's an serious OC....
So its better to run them in dual channel and run them @197 i.e 394MHz....

So u won't be missing much on read/writes.....

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
its max fsb can go upto 240..i just updated my bios yesterday.i also oced it for 7-8 days after decrasing the ram speed.
any one find problems ocing this mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom