Buying new laptop

foobarbaz

Broken In
Hello Lads,

I have a budget of 45k and i was looking forward to buying a new laptop.Unfortunately,my approval to post this Q on this site took a while,and the ever active folks at FK have already shipped the product..i.ee 3 hours after making the payment.So,i cant do anything about the order now.

Nevertheless,I wanted to know what is the best laptop amongst these ( I am not a gamer)?

Ideapad z500 59-380480
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

HP Pavillion 15 - e015tx
HP Pavilion 15-E015TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

I have gone through the thread on Z500 on this forum though.So,my primary question is does Z500 come with Secureboot on?SInce,my primary OS would be Linux,does this laptop lock you down to Win8 ?Looks like the Z580 does.Any one has Linux running on Z500 ?Second question is,how good is the display of this laptop?As per some reviews its poor.

Thanks !

OP
F

foobarbaz

Broken In
just got this laptop,with a broken DVD tray.:-x ..unfortunately,the packaging was not upto the mark.Placed a request for the replacement.
i hope it reaches me before 15aug.Looks like the last date to redeem the vouchers is aug 15

OP
F

foobarbaz

Broken In
just got this laptop,with a broken DVD tray.:-x ..unfortunately,the packaging was not upto the mark.Placed a request for the replacement.
i hope it reaches me before 15aug.Looks like the last date to redeem the vouchers is aug 15.

Just wondering..what is a better Gcard 8670M or GT740M ?

Top Bottom