Buying new 17" monitor, Suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am planning to buy a 17" flat monitor since my LG Flatron (6 years old) seems about to expire. I would like to have suggestions with approximate price. Heard that Viewsonic is good. Pl give specific model numbers.
Or shall I go for an LCD? If so, give the details with the respose time. I dont game but do watch movies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Budget please.
If you don't game but watch movies, a widescreen LCD would be great. You can consider the Viewsonic VA1912W which has DVI and a 8ms response time. Price approx Rs. 18,000.
If you want a CRT then go for any 17" Samsung or Viewsonic CRT. Prices are nearly the same.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
For CRT I would suggest Acer AF 715. It has highest resolution of 1600 X 1200 @ 75Hz and costs around Rs.6500.

For LCD monitor go for any samsung 17" LCD. Pl take care that response time is less than 8ms.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Go for SamSung 17 inch CRT SyncMaster 793s. It's excellent. The price is around
5000/-. I have been using it for more than a year now , no problems whatsoever.
Displays pictures supremely beautiful. What else you need...

JGuru said:
All the monitors display pictures beautiful.Even the 14" Samtron will be superb.

But one thing with Samsung is that they provide much better features than Viewsonic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The viewsonic 17" semi flat costs Rs 4800
Samsung 17" semi flat Syncmaster 793S costs Rs 5000

a)Viewsonic 17" E70B (Black)
The viewsonic is very plain and doesnt come with many features.Even the buttons on the monitor are very hard.THey should be smooth to press.
But the monitor appearance is very good. 5/5 for that.
The picture clarity is ok.Nothing special. 4/5
b)Samsung 17" Syncmaster 793S
Features like
Magic tune - It is an integrated software program that is designed to optimize all monitor settings, and is equipped with an intuitive GUI (Graphic User Interface) which includes many more features, as compared to OSD.
are there.
Apperance wise View sonic better - 3/5
Image clarity is good and looks a bit better than Viewsonic - 5/5
Now flat ones (the better ones)

Samsung MagicbrightSyncMaster 798MB PLUS costs Rs 6300
Viewsonic E72f+SB costs Rs 6000

Samsung magicbright is clearly good.
Just read the features here
*www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/CRTMonitors/17magicbrightrange/798mbplus.asp
Viewsonic E72f+SB this model has come up with exceptional features which enhances the quality of display.One of the bes true falt CRT monitor u will find in th market.
*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=194

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
JGuru said:

I also agree, have been using this one for around 2 years with no problem and gives excellent picture quality.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
For CRT I would suggest Acer AF 715. It has highest resolution of 1600 X 1200 @ 75Hz and costs around Rs.6500.

And consumes over 100W power i think ... which is wayy higher than normal 17" monitors ... i'd say go for a Samsung 798MB ... you won't regret the iq ...

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
But I am looking out for a true flat only since I have been using one for years along with non-flat ones in my offices and hence know the difference. Will Viewsonic E72f+SB be a good choice?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah,viewsonic are good.But they suffer from the after services. :p
well,you can go for Samsung 763MB 17" monitor.Display is exceptionally good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom