buying lenovo y50 from snapdeal a good idea?(urgent)

croma

Broken In
I was looking for a gaming laptop and I think y50 is the best I can get with a budget of Rs. 70k.But I am skeptical about buying from snapdeal.Heard a lot of complaints about their service. What I wanted to know is will lenovo provide me warranty if I buy the laptop from snapdeal?Also what are your comments on lenovo y50-70 as a gaming laptop?
PS:Typing using my phone.Can't describe much and thus avoided the template.

OP
C

croma

Broken In
At amazon it is priced at rs 75500 and using a hdfc card I can get it for rs 73500.Do I need to call the seller or mail him to know about the warranty? Also is there any way I could avail an additional 2 years of warranty for free?In December it was available for rs 68k at amazon and I think that seller no more sells this laptop. Will the price fall in a few days or in a week or two from rs 75.5k ?only 2 laptops are remaining that is why I am not very happy with waiting but if there is a chance that the price will fall then I can wait.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^ Go by the advice of [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] as he mentioned in his comments.
In fact recent issues with Snapdeal by various customers,and the renedering of non-warranty/guarantee of the laptop if brought from Snapdeal is a major concern. Remember that.

$hadow

Geek in making
Though costly you will get peace of mind. Avoid snapdeal at all cost. A fair warning that you should follow.

1manshow

Journeyman
W.r.t Lenovo's peace of mind extended warranty terms of services page -

21) Thus purchases from websites Snapdeal as eligible - Croma, E-Zone, HCL & & DBM Marketing - Deal Kya Hai will be eligible Lenovo Peace of Mind offer.

So if you buy from Snapdeal from above mentioned sellers only, you should be fine.

OP
C

croma

Broken In
It is 75k at amazon.Way over my budget. Even the hdfc card offer has expired as I couldn't see it. Maybe I should wait for the price to drop.The physical store near my place is asking rs81500!And they don't have it with them.They'll have to order it from somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I mailed the seller AQube and enquired whether I can avail an additional 2 years warranty .They mailed me a reply asking me to give them the link in which it was mentioned that only rocky marketing was eligible for lenovo's peace of mind offer.They then told me to buy from rocky marketing which unfortunately is not offering y50.can you guys post a link from where I can buy which will provide me an additional 2 years of warranty?Flipkart and snapdeal won't ship to my place.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
It is 75k at amazon.Way over my budget. Even the hdfc card offer has expired as I couldn't see it. Maybe I should wait for the price to drop.The physical store near my place is asking rs81500!And they don't have it with them.They'll have to order it from somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I mailed the seller AQube and enquired whether I can avail an additional 2 years warranty .They mailed me a reply asking me to give them the link in which it was mentioned that only rocky marketing was eligible for lenovo's peace of mind offer.They then told me to buy from rocky marketing which unfortunately is not offering y50.can you guys post a link from where I can buy which will provide me an additional 2 years of warranty?Flipkart and snapdeal won't ship to my place.

Just a small advice, when you are buying something for 70+ thousand, don't try to compromise on peace of mind and trusted websites in order to save 1-2 thousand. Take your time, study sellers and websites and make sure they are giving you the extended warranty and then take the plunge.

OP
C

croma

Broken In
Just a small advice, when you are buying something for 70+ thousand, don't try to compromise on peace of mind and trusted websites in order to save 1-2 thousand. Take your time, study sellers and websites and make sure they are giving you the extended warranty and then take the plunge.

The peace of mind offer is available only till January 31st.So I am left with no choice but to buy before it ends ,of course only if the seller is eligible for it

1manshow

Journeyman
What I linked above is from direct Terms and Services of Lenovo Peace of Mind offer. Here is the direct link where you can read their terms of services which include all the sellers which are eligible for this offer.
Lenovo Promo

OP
C

croma

Broken In
My bad, I meant the real peace of mind, not any offer from Lenovo :p

Haha.Even I didn't think it that way:p.BTW I will buy from thedostore.com .But the problem is the transaction has been unsuccessful every time I tried to pay through debit card.Do you think it is their problem ?

OP
C

croma

Broken In
I have an IOB debit card and tried all options.it says "there was a problem completing your transaction"

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have an IOB debit card and tried all options.it says "there was a problem completing your transaction"

Then go by the netbanking method,which will ensure your complete & successful transaction.

Top Bottom