Buying Latest gaming laptop with GTX 970M

Lol that is overpriced. Clevo has 970M + 120 GB M2 SSD + IC Diamond for 1376$

Your budget isn't less, the configs OEMs offer are overpriced for that matter.
And why are you so fixated that the Clevo laptop will break with normal use ? :| [MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] had a Clevo laptop previously. Ask him if in doubt.

Overpriced ? Maybe.
970M, 120 GB M2 SSD. Fine.

Anyways, my question is, why is everyone treating IC Diamond as a standout feature ?
That is some over hyped thing.

Last edited:
^ IC Diamond is one of the best Heat Sink Compound for laptops, that's why.

And a 15$ addon which can be delivered to India. Point being, it is not a special feature; an additional expansion slot can be termed as a feature worth mentioning and so on. I believe that such mentions(thermal paste) may confuse thread openers or others.

As for IC diamond itself, I have no comments, never in my life I have seen any electronics(OEM, high end medical and diagnostics equipments) use a diamond based conductor, too much abrasive even for normal stationary use. It is famous due to marketing strategies.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Sager laptops are not that cheap as I thought. They are charging extra 80$ for a genuine windows 8.1 64bit unlike all brands. Overall it is costing 1450$ as per my requirement but with GTX 970M.

$hadow

Geek in making
Sager laptops are not that cheap as I thought. They are charging extra 80$ for a genuine windows 8.1 64bit unlike all brands. Overall it is costing 1450$ as per my requirement but with GTX 970M.

Do they offer laptop with DOS?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

You can buy Windows 8.1 Pro student version for 3.5k here from Microsoft India ;)

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
NVIDIA GTX 960M and 950M hit ultra-sleek gaming notebooks - SlashGear

- - - Updated - - -

G501: Coolest Thin & Light 15-inch Gaming Laptop, With 4K, PCIE SSD
ASUS ROG G501 just turned me on! :razz:

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Will order that from US, no issue as asus provides international warranty. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I can raise my budget to 1500 USD for this premium piece of hardware. It looks as great as macbook pro.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

- - - Updated - - -

I can raise my budget to 1500 USD for this premium piece of hardware. It looks as great as macbook pro.

For 1500$, you can get this:

XOTIC PC | Sager NP8652 (Clevo P650SG) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook
Comes with GTX 980M

And if you want 4k screen ,
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8651 (Clevo P650SE) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook
Comes with GTX 970M

G501: Coolest Thin & Light 15-inch Gaming Laptop, With 4K, PCIE SSD
While we’re saving the fine details for later, key specs continue to include the option of 4K (3840 x 2160) IPS or Full HD displays with 100% sRGB, and dual storage with the option of a PCI-Express x4-based SSD that gives incredible performance, without suffering the risks of RAID. On the gaming front it still stands up it, packing up to an Intel quad-core CPU an upcoming Nvidia 900-series GPU

I'm expecting it to be GTX 950M and that for 4k gaming in a "premium" priced but much underpowered laptop? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
I am interested in buying a Sager NP9752 with Sharp 4K IGZO from Xotic PC.
Have not made my final decision yet, but it is the most powerful laptop available right now.

Let me know if you are interested, we can plan and buy together.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are buying from US, and that too after raising your budget to 1500 USD.....and want a "premium machine", then why don't you go for Alienware 15 ? for 1.5K, they are giving you GTX 980M.........and a transferable warranty.

On a side note, I am personally going to buy Alienware 15 this month, hopefully it will reach here by April mid(they have a 3-4 weeks lead time).

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Sorry it has been delayed as my brother is going in May end now. The prices of laptops have also been changed now.
Now in my budget I can get GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5 GPU with core i7 processor.
Alienware 15 with GTX 970M costs $1425
SAGER NP8651 with GTX 970M costs $1182

The advantage of alienware over sager for extra $243 is that I will get an IPS panel 1080p display, 8-cell over 4-cell battery of sager, genuine pre-loaded windows 8.1, ability to shift country warranty, brand value in India as well reselling.

Last edited:
Sorry it has been delayed as my brother is going in May end now. The prices of laptops have also been changed now.
Now in my budget I can get GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5 GPU with core i7 processor.
Alienware 15 with GTX 970M costs $1425
SAGER NP8651 with GTX 970M costs $1182

The advantage of alienware over sager for extra $243 is that I will get an IPS panel 1080p display, 8-cell over 4-cell battery of sager, genuine pre-loaded windows 8.1, ability to shift country warranty, brand value in India as well reselling.

You have answered your own question.

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
You have answered your own question.

lol but which one you choose in this case?
IPS panel can be customized in Sager by paying $45. So the price difference between them is $198.

- - - Updated - - -

I am worried about resell of Sager in India. Most of the people know about Alienware as broken parts can be obtained in India dell service centre as well. :/

Top Bottom