Buying Latest gaming laptop with GTX 970M

lol but which one you choose in this case?
IPS panel can be customized in Sager by paying $45. So the price difference between them is $198.

- - - Updated - - -

I am worried about resell of Sager in India. Most of the people know about Alienware as broken parts can be obtained in India dell service centre as well. :/

What I am trying to say is that you know the pros and cons, we really don't need to tell those. Seemingly, a third person cannot point you in choosing what you actually want, other than giving a rough direction. Rest is up to you to explore.

Honestly, if you worried about resell value and warranty in India, the choices are limited to Alienware and MSI, and even out of those two, only Alienware have pan India coverage, thanks to dell service network.

Sager, now that is a subjective question. Yes, it is cheaper, more "maintainable", but again, there is inheritor requirement of importing broken parts, which can be expensive. And you can't be always sure that any of your acquaintance will do that task for you.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
What I am trying to say is that you know the pros and cons, we really don't need to tell those. Seemingly, a third person cannot point you in choosing what you actually want, other than giving a rough direction. Rest is up to you to explore.

Honestly, if you worried about resell value and warranty in India, the choices are limited to Alienware and MSI, and even out of those two, only Alienware have pan India coverage, thanks to dell service network.

Sager, now that is a subjective question. Yes, it is cheaper, more "maintainable", but again, there is inheritor requirement of importing broken parts, which can be expensive. And you can't be always sure that any of your acquaintance will do that task for you.

How is Sager more "maintainable" if parts are expensive? I think Alienware is would be better for Indian user.

How is Sager more "maintainable" if parts are expensive? I think Alienware is would be better for Indian user.

Maintainability is not a function of price. Again, I said that it was rather more subjective. It is cheaper to maintain in US/Europe, but for India, it can be expensive-As in you might not be able to replace parts like GPU/CPU or motherboard without a model specific replacement(even generic socketed laptop CPUs and MXM GPUs are not available in India). And I am not referring to "upgrade potential" either, that is a different story altogether.
The word maintenance is also used for things like opening the bottom cover to clean parts, replacing RAM and storage drives, etc.

If your mind is saying Alienware, then go for it. There is no use of playing wait game. I always say one thing, if you need it, you buy it. If you don't, then you will keep searching.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
lol but which one you choose in this case?
IPS panel can be customized in Sager by paying $45. So the price difference between them is $198.

- - - Updated - - -

I am worried about resell of Sager in India. Most of the people know about Alienware as broken parts can be obtained in India dell service centre as well. :/

Your Sager can be serviced by Azom.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
By paying at Azom service centre?

I guess so but this is in acute cases.
Generally 90% problems can be solved by yourself only with the help of Notebookreview forums community.

If you get from XoticPC then their support for Sager is the best.
Even Sager itself doesn't provide such support like the Xotic does

Top Bottom