Buying known international vs India made brands pc components

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Dolgix is an Indian brand. I have been using Dolgix RAM for 2 years. They have a manufacturing unit in Noida.

The price of Dolgix RAM/SSD is cheaper than most other brands. They sell RAM/SSD on Amazon.

I was initially in a dilemma about whether to choose Corsair or G.Skill, but then I saw that an Indian company had manufactured RAM, so I chose the Indian one.

I posted this so that if anyone is looking for a cheaper option, they can use the one above (Indian).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dolgix is an Indian brand. I have been using Dolgix RAM for 2 years. They have a manufacturing unit in Noida.
No one manufacture dram chips in entire world except samsung, micron-crucial & sk hynix & none of these 3 have any manufacturing plant in India for this & most likely never will for the foreseeable future. Dolgix is simply assembling the cheap generic dram chips imported from China like most other such Indian manufacturers do.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

The price of Dolgix RAM/SSD is cheaper than most other brands. They sell RAM/SSD on Amazon.

I was initially in a dilemma about whether to choose Corsair or G.Skill, but then I saw that an Indian company had manufactured RAM, so I chose the Indian one.

I posted this so that if anyone is looking for a cheaper option, they can use the one above (Indian).
Bruh people look for quality and good warranty service, we don't want nationalism in our computer peripherals too.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Fixed that for you.
E-waste, short for electronic waste, refers to discarded electronic devices or components. It encompasses a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment that has reached the end of its useful life or is no longer in use.

No one manufacture dram chips in entire world except samsung, micron-crucial & sk hynix & none of these 3 have any manufacturing plant in India for this & most likely never will for the foreseeable future. Dolgix is simply assembling the cheap generic dram chips imported from China like most other such Indian manufacturers do.
I am not sure, but I read somewhere that Dolgix is using Samsung chips. If someone is skilled at making engines, what's the problem with obtaining their engine? It doesn't appear that anyone can build an F-35 fighter jet in a day.

Similarly, Samsung mobile phones used to employ Snapdragon and other chips, but now Samsung has developed its own mobile processor chips.

Bruh people look for quality and good warranty service, we don't want nationalism in our computer peripherals too.
I have no clue how you can rate the product's quality without even trying it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure, but I read somewhere that Dolgix is using Samsung chips. If someone is skilled at making engines, what's the problem with obtaining their engine? It doesn't appear that anyone can build an F-35 fighter jet in a day.
There is a difference even among chips manufactured by same company. Obviously dolgix or any ram manufacturer in the world can only use one of the samsung/micron/hynix chips but which quality that is the question. Gskill a top rated ram brand in USA sell both 16gb ram with 3k price ram stick as well as 7k 16gb ram kit(2*8gb ram sticks) of same specification for more than double the price because the expensive one uses better quality chips. The fact that no serious gamer/review site has ever been approached by Dolgix etc to review their products should be enough to tell you about their confidence level. Also, it cost money to buy better quality ram chips from samsung/micron/hynix so if tomorrow dolgix decide to buy better quality ram chips then it also has to sell that ram at higher prices similar to other manufacturers which are established in the mkt far longer so again there would be no point buying it.

quicky008

Technomancer
E-waste, short for electronic waste, refers to discarded electronic devices or components. It encompasses a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment that has reached the end of its useful life or is no longer in use.

Similarly, Samsung mobile phones used to employ Snapdragon and other chips, but now Samsung has developed its own mobile processor chips.

I have no clue how you can rate the product's quality without even trying it.
don't get so worked up about these run of the mill tech companies-if you like their products,go ahead and use them by all means.

These companies are not your friends and they don't care about you or me or anyone else for that matter-so stop defending them so vehemently.

Merely reading somewhere that dolgix uses samsung chips is not enough-you need credible proof to support such claims.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
We can save money on both business and personal computers. I did not use this for gaming purpose.

Here are ways to save money on PC parts:
  • RAM: Consider using products from local Indian companies like Dolgix.
  • NVMe: Several local Indian companies offer these products at the lowest price.
  • HDD: If the purpose is for backup, a 1TB used disk costs around Rs. 1100. Otherwise, opt for new and branded HDDs such as WD or others.

It's important to use branded components for crucial parts like an Asus/MSI motherboard, an Intel/AMD CPU, and a Cooler-Master SMPS.

Note: If you can also take risk like me, then go ahead. Cost of these products are just 1k to 4k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
RAM: Consider using products from local Indian companies like Dolgix.
Difference is hardly few hundred rupees so not worth it.

NVMe: Several local Indian companies offer these products at the lowest price.
Same as above.

HDD: If the purpose is for backup, a 1TB used disk costs around Rs. 1100. Otherwise, opt for new and branded HDDs such as WD or others.
It takes some expertise to judge condition of a used hdd as it can vary from fairly good to near to failing state. There are only 3 hdd manufacturers in the world, Seagate/WD/Toshiba, rest all use hdd from one of these 3 just like how it is in ssd market.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Difference is hardly few hundred rupees so not worth it.
My savings were 8k on HDD, NVMe, and RAM, not just a few hundred rupees.

Same as above.
Same as above.

It takes some expertise to judge condition of a used hdd as it can vary from fairly good to near to failing state. There are only 3 hdd manufacturers in the world, Seagate/WD/Toshiba, rest all use hdd from one of these 3 just like how it is in ssd market.
Your information is incorrect. There are numerous HDD/RAM manufacturers worldwide, not just three. Your claim is akin to suggesting that only Google is a search engine, while the rest utilize Google's API.

You don't need to be an expert to determine the condition of a used HDD. You can scan for bad sectors using the built-in tools in Windows or Linux.

If someone is installing an HDD by themselves, of course, that person is not completely a novice. They know how to use software and how to scan a disk. Even if someone is a complete novice, nowadays, most operating systems have a feature to automatically scan newly installed disks and repair bad sectors.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My savings were 8k on HDD, NVMe, and RAM, not just a few hundred rupees.
1698566825479.png

1698566844551.png

A much better ssd highly rated on top international tech websites & forum just for 500 more.

1698566939248.png

1698566985585.png

A much better ram from a top tier ram brand in US with 10 years warranty for just 500 more.

Don't know how you are saving "thousands" unless you are a reseller & buying in bulk to resell stuff which makes sense.

Your information is incorrect. There are numerous HDD/RAM manufacturers worldwide, not just three. Your claim is akin to suggesting that only Google is a search engine, while the rest utilize Google's API.
It is not my info which is incorrect but rather your "belief".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive
More than 224 companies have produced HDDs historically, though after extensive industry consolidation, most units are manufactured by Seagate, Toshiba, and Western Digital. HDDs dominate the volume of storage produced (exabytes per year) for servers.

You don't need to be an expert to determine the condition of a used HDD. You can scan for bad sectors using the built-in tools in Windows or Linux.

If someone is installing an HDD by themselves, of course, that person is not completely a novice. They know how to use software and how to scan a disk. Even if someone is a complete novice, nowadays, most operating systems have a feature to automatically scan newly installed disks and repair bad sectors.
I guess you also never heard about S.M.A.R.T. monitoring tools & significance of various SMART parameters like load unload count etc.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
A much better ssd highly rated on top international tech websites & forum just for 500 more.

A much better ram from a top tier ram brand in US with 10 years warranty for just 500 more.

Don't know how you are saving "thousands" unless you are a reseller & buying in bulk to resell stuff which makes sense.

It is not my info which is incorrect but rather your "belief".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive

I guess you also never heard about S.M.A.R.T. monitoring tools & significance of various SMART parameters like load unload count etc.

1. I bought a 1TB HDD for backup purposes for around 1k or 1.1k from the local market in Delhi instead of buying a WD.
  2. NVMe - I don't remember the name, but I bought it from TataCliq for instead of buying a Samsung NVMe.
  3. RAM - I bought it for 2.4k instead of 3.1k (Crucial). My total saving was 8k on RAM, HDD and NVMe disk.
  4. There aren't just THREE RAM/Disk manufacturers; there are many. I'm not sure where you read that only three manufacturers exist and the rest use their chips. Here is a fourth manufacturer: Kingmax, and the fifth is Kingston. Hence, your information is wrong or incorrect regarding the existence of only three manufacturers.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Apart from your three manufacturers, there are other companies that manufacture RAM and disks. Kingston, Renesas, Kingmax, Etron, Adata, Corsair, and so on.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There aren't just THREE RAM/Disk manufacturers; there are many. I'm not sure where you read that only three manufacturers exist and the rest use their chips. Here is a fourth manufacturer: Kingmax, and the fifth is Kingston. Hence, your information is wrong or incorrect regarding the existence of only three manufacturers.
Apart from your three manufacturers, there are other companies that manufacture RAM and disks. Kingston, Renesas, Kingmax, Etron, Adata, Corsair, and so on.
I have nothing more to say because you are not understanding what I am talking about. You seem to have no knowledge regarding different type of chips & that DRAM & NAND chips are what I am talking about & not the typical chips which are present in any electronics product when talking about 3 companies in the world making ssd/ram for majority of consumer retail mkt outside of China. As for hdd, there is clear info on only WD/Seagate/Toshiba making hdd while all other companies using one of their disks for their own products even if the external casing/enclosure is their own(like adata external hdd). In fact you can go ahead & ask any one of the company you mentioned to give them to you in writing from their official email address that they make their own hard disks/dram/nand chips & see for yourself.

OP
K

kunnusingh

Journeyman
I have nothing more to say because you are not understanding what I am talking about. You seem to have no knowledge regarding different type of chips & that DRAM & NAND chips are what I am talking about & not the typical chips which are present in any electronics product when talking about 3 companies in the world making ssd/ram for majority of consumer retail mkt outside of China. As for hdd, there is clear info on only WD/Seagate/Toshiba making hdd while all other companies using one of their disks for their own products even if the external casing/enclosure is their own(like adata external hdd). In fact you can go ahead & ask any one of the company you mentioned to give them to you in writing from their official email address that they make their own hard disks/dram/nand chips & see for yourself.
Hi, I prefer not to engage in conflicts or heated arguments with fellow countrymen. Dolgix, Gskill, or any other brand is not affiliated with either of us.

Instead, I aim to foster a positive and healthy environment for this forum.

Bit off-topic, but I assume you think smartphone market is very competitive in India as there are many big players with big market shares each thus avoiding a monopoly?

1698668568134.png

In case you don't know, BBK owns oppo, vivo, Oneplus, realme & iQoo. They have 40%+ market share in India.

Similarly, I assume there are 10+ desktop GPU makers, according to you? There are just 3, Nvidia, AMD & Intel.

Top Bottom