Buying FIFA for the first time

yeah i just checked it its available for 1749 on origin

yeah i just checked it its available for 1749 on origin..i want to ask that, i get around 100-250 KB/S, is it good enough to download from origin? and should i order deluxe edition or standard edition( with deluxe edition i will get around 1575 fifa points, i dont know what that is, and some special unlock bundle) deluxe edition is for 2100rs
and do you think that prices will go more down than this?

DO NOT fall in this trap. the current price is good and you should make your purchase.

bippukt

In the zone
yeah i just checked it its available for 1749 on origin

yeah i just checked it its available for 1749 on origin..i want to ask that, i get around 100-250 KB/S, is it good enough to download from origin? and should i order deluxe edition or standard edition( with deluxe edition i will get around 1575 fifa points, i dont know what that is, and some special unlock bundle) deluxe edition is for 2100rs
and do you think that prices will go more down than this?

Calculate like this: if you get 125 KB/s, then you can download around 400 MB in 1 hour. The game seems to be around 8-10 GB, so it will take about 24 hours to download the game. It is up to you to decide if that is OK.

Since you don't even know what FIFA points are, just get the Standard Edition. You can buy points later if you think they are worth the cost.

DO NOT fall in this trap. the current price is good and you should make your purchase.

Actually, it is quite like that the price will drop to 1500 or 1250 sometime later. But it isn't a big difference and if he wants to play it now, he should get it instead of waiting.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Calculate like this: if you get 125 KB/s, then you can download around 400 MB in 1 hour. The game seems to be around 8-10 GB, so it will take about 24 hours to download the game. It is up to you to decide if that is OK.

Since you don't even know what FIFA points are, just get the Standard Edition. You can buy points later if you think they are worth the cost.

Actually, it is quite like that the price will drop to 1500 or 1250 sometime later. But it isn't a big difference and if he wants to play it now, he should get it instead of waiting.

yeah, its ok, i can do that much(24 hr downloading), although i will be very happy if get the DVD version for the same price :p

okay..i want to clear somethings about origin

1. If i download a game, will i get its setup file or already installed and read to play thing?

2. If i want to install that game on another computer, is it possible ?

and regarding the price thing, i can wait till 7th jan (my exams are getting over on 7) so there maybe new year offer or something, but there is very little chance for that.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
yeah, its ok, i can do that much(24 hr downloading), although i will be very happy if get the DVD version for the same price :p

1. If i download a game, will i get its setup file or already installed and read to play thing?

and regarding the price thing, i can wait till 7th jan (my exams are getting over on 7) so there maybe new year offer or something, but there is very little chance for that.

1.Already installed and ready to play
2.Yes,either download the whole game again or copy paste the origin folder

bippukt

In the zone

1. You just download the Origin client from the Origin website, create an Origin account, log into that account and just purchase the game. After that, it will ask you to download the game. The installation is done automatically. The download can be paused and resumed in case of any problems - I have downloaded 20-30GB games on Origin and Steam and the one thing they make easy is downloading and installing :)

2. Yes. But you are allowed to run only one copy at a time. Don't share your Origin account details with anyone else.

Important point: Once you buy a game on an Origin account or buy a retail copy of an EA game and add the CD-Key of that game to your account, it is permanently attached to that account. So before buying, always make sure that you are logged into the current account. Now buy, download and enjoy FIFA :)

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
1. You just download the Origin client from the Origin website, create an Origin account, log into that account and just purchase the game. After that, it will ask you to download the game. The installation is done automatically. The download can be paused and resumed in case of any problems - I have downloaded 20-30GB games on Origin and Steam and the one thing they make easy is downloading and installing :)

2. Yes. But you are allowed to run only one copy at a time. Don't share your Origin account details with anyone else.

Important point: Once you buy a game on an Origin account or buy a retail copy of an EA game and add the CD-Key of that game to your account, it is permanently attached to that account. So before buying, always make sure that you are logged into the current account. Now buy, download and enjoy FIFA :)
yeah..!!!...will buy it tomorrow (deal will be there for tomorrow na ?)...thanks a lot guys..!!..:)

Last edited:

bippukt

In the zone
EA. 'Nuff said.

He is buying it at a discount and that sends a good enough message. I will buy it if it drops to 1500, which is what I am willing to pay for a good game after the rupee slump. Otherwise, I have a lot of games to keep me occupied.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
He is buying it at a discount and that sends a good enough message. I will buy it if it drops to 1500, which is what I am willing to pay for a good game after the rupee slump. Otherwise, I have a lot of games to keep me occupied.
hey, have a look at this, this will be best na? Microsoft Wired Controller for Windows - Microsoft: Flipkart.com and will it work for windows 7?

bippukt

In the zone
Yes, the Microsoft controller is the best as it is durable, easy to use for long durations and also natively supported by every game that supports controllers. I have 2.

Note: If you buy the wireless version, then be sure to buy the Windows version as otherwise you will need to spend another 1000+ cash to buy a converter. No such issues with the wired one though :D

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Yes, the Microsoft controller is the best as it is durable, easy to use for long durations and also natively supported by every game that supports controllers. I have 2.

Note: If you buy the wireless version, then be sure to buy the Windows version as otherwise you will need to spend another 1000+ cash to buy a converter. No such issues with the wired one though :D
hey, on flipkart, one seller named '5starservices' is giving it for 2100, but it has got 19 ratings only with 68% positive feedback and other seller with 681 ratings and 72% positive feedback is giving it for 2270, what should i do? (i rarely order products from flipkart)

bippukt

In the zone
That problem only you can solve yourself. If you live in or near a big city, you can buy it there. Or you can try other online vendors like nextworld, ebay, etc. Somebody I knew went to Delhi recently, so I got my new controller from there.

68% rating is quite poor, in my opinion.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
hey friends, i forgot to ask one thing, is there any check i can do to make sure if fifa 14 will lag while online playing or not?

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
played my first online match in fifa 14, it was awesome!!!...if any of you play fifa 14 pls give me your origin id so that i can add you..:)

Top Bottom