Buying cpu from abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I have almost decided to wait and buy conroe E6400 when it comes out in July. And from what I have read I would have wait for a long time for conroe in India.

SO tell me ppl, is it feasable to buy the cpu from abroad (usa) , then buy a compatible mobo, psu, ram locally and assemble everything at home.

Or could there be problem regarding voltage / connections or anything else.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
chesss said:
SO tell me ppl, is it feasable to buy the cpu from abroad (usa) , then buy a compatible mobo, psu, ram locally and assemble everything at home.
I wonder how the compatible mobo will be available here if the proccy wouldnt be ;) Better get Proccy+Mobo both from abroad.
Or could there be problem regarding voltage / connections or anything else.

Thanks!
Not unless u choose the correct products.:D

cyrux

In the zone
Thats beacause motherboards supporting conroe are already out . I guess intel 975 chipset supports conroe

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Not unless u choose the correct products.
Cool. So what all should be checked (voltage/connector etc) before buying to ensure a correct match?

Thats beacause motherboards supporting conroe are already out . I guess intel 975 chipset supports conroe
Yup conroe is 'unofficially' supported by a very few mobos.
And from what I have read , they aren't too expensive (4k) .

Conroe looks like such a dream : low power(65W), awesome speed, virtualization, and cheap. Heres a great link link for those interested in knowing more.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I feel u should get the mobo and processor both from USA.......
and just check how much power does it consume...
And I think a Antec True Power 2.0 550 watt SMPS will be
enough..but to be on the safe side get the mobo+processor+SMPS(if it uses some different kind of SMPS)

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
but to be on the safe side get the mobo+processor+SMPS(if it uses some different kind of SMPS)
That would be too much to carry :( .

As for different kind of SMPS, I would love to know exactly how psus requirement can be different. Anybody with technical knowledge?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
chesss said:
That would be too much to carry :( .

As for different kind of SMPS, I would love to know exactly how psus requirement can be different. Anybody with technical knowledge?

It should have 550 watt with a good amp rating across each output....
+3.3V,+5v,+12v -5v,+5VSB......

Make sure u have atleast a rating of 20 amps across +12V...

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Make sure u have atleast a rating of 20 amps across +12V.
k, Many thanks . Though I doubt I would need 550 Watts, conroe has a tdp of 65W and I wouldn't need a GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom