Buying Android ~15-20k

Hrishi

Looking to replace my OnePlus X,
Budget : ~15k , but can stretch upto 18-19k if it's worth it.

Priorities :
1. Battery Life (something that can easily last a day or heavy web browsing, IM, videos/music. NO gaming..)
2. Smoothness/Fluidity (I would like the phone to be fluid - application switching, browsing, messaging..etc.).
3. Good Display ( Anything 5.5" - coming from AMOLED, I would prefer it over IPS ).
4. Customization ( Dev friendly Device, so something than can be easily rooted and played around with )

What doesn't concern me much at all : Camera, Size, After Sales, Stock UI, Audio Quality/Speakers, Gaming performance, Dual SIM, VoLTE,.

I have been looking at few devices, such as Redmi Note 5 Pro, MI Max 2, and Moto Z Series.
Moto Z has been so far my choice followed by Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Moto Z series, I would like to narrow down to a a specific Moto Z Device - there are bunch of them.
Redmi Note 5 Pro - Procuring this device is a PITA, and not to mention how difficult it would be to live with MIUI for me.

Note : I am not looking for SoC that has best performance. Anything that strikes a balance between battery efficiency and performance will work for me, for next 2yr. So I would take 625 over 820 as long as 625 wont lag on me for medium load applications.

Help me out here on this :)

Last edited:
OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Good! I have almost decided on Lenovo P2.
Checks everything I need.
->Amoled 5.5" (good color accuracy, can't compare to IPS ovbiously but decent panel for amoled)
->Its basically a powerbank slapped to a screen lol
->Simple design
->Good build quality
->Decent custom roms
->Qual..625

Price tag of 16k.

Almost finalized.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Other than lack of updates from Lenovo, there isn't much negative about the P2.
Got it this morning.
Initial impression :
Good build but not as premium feel as my old One Plus X. Slightly heavy and big however I am able to Operate the phone with one hand.
Camera sucks due to Lack of any form of Image stabilization.
Audio output is good.
Doesn't heat up at all despite being one of the fastest charging phones.
Humongous battery lol, I could barely manage to dip it 10% after watching YouTube and some IM/browsing for an hr.
Good display with considerable sunlight legibility.
Updated to Nougat 7.0. Pretty stable and super smooth operation, no lags encountered so far. Stock UI and features are pretty nice! Great job Lenovo, I might not need to go custom rom way soon therefore.
FP sensor is awesome! Serves as a replacement for HW keys also.

Note : There is a serious lack of good quality protective cases/covers, and the screen guards/tempered glass are a PITA to find and fit (good luck with this lol).

I feel my 16.5k spent very VFM, just that the lack of accessories make the deal a hit sour.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180320/bafd3f94970ea3ec1e3fa240bf6daddc.jpg

$hadow

Geek in making
With these phones the hardest task is to find accessories. Congrats on the purchase though.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

With these phones the hardest task is to find accessories. Congrats on the purchase though.
I returned this phone to Flipkart because the Seller sold me old, used and 3GB models twice.
I have a screen guard (unused) and a very good case lying around, let me know in case anyone needs it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Samsung A7 (2017) @21k in amazon also on exchange offer

*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy-2017-...TF8&qid=1523365900&sr=8-5&keywords=Samsung+A9

Shiny Dsouza

Right off the assembly line
Having used a Redmi Note 5 pro, I'd definitely suggest you to go with the same..

After all it ticks your budget and needs.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I returned this phone to Flipkart because the Seller sold me old, used and 3GB models twice.
I have a screen guard (unused) and a very good case lying around, let me know in case anyone needs it.
Did they refund you without any issues?

Top Bottom