Buying an XBOX 360!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hi all,

I'm getting an XBOX 360 from my folks as a gift for my b'day (which is TODAY!! :D)...a quick search online showed me a couple of stores which stock an XBOX Core version and the XBOX Pro version which has a 20 GB HDD...

My questions are as follows:

Is it a bad idea to buy the CORE version?? Its cheaper, but no hard drive means I dunno how this will impact game functionality...

So question no. 2 -> I want to know from ppl who know better what the 360's HDD is used for in terms of game play...and is 20 GB enough?? Or should I go in for a version which has a bigger HDD??

Question 3 -> How piracy-proof is the 360?? Is it possible to use modchips and stuff with the console to play backed up copies of games which I burn myself??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dunno about first two Qs, but 3rd Q->
"can i use backed-up copy" (obviously a pirated disk :p) = HELL NO :D.

"can i use mod-chip" - yes you can, but then it doesnt make any sense you buyin a Original/legit XBox360.

go for it, if you have the CASH, not only for XBoX, but also for the "2.5k for each Game" :p.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
1. I wont say its a bad idea to go for a core version but if you have the moolah to spare, then definitely go for the premium version!

2. Leaving out the HDD will mean that you cant fully enjoy the LIVE functionality. You wont be able to download demos and trailers and a host of other goodies. So go for the HDD verison if you can. 20Gb would be enough for now, but can't say the same for future. My friends who have the 20Gb version are quite content with it.

3. Its a matter of time. :)

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Ah k...thanks you guys!! Pro version it is!

And yeah, I know its illegal, but I just wanted to know out of curiosity whether the XBox 360 is easily hackable or not...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
faraaz said:
Ah k...thanks you guys!! Pro version it is!

And yeah, I know its illegal, but I just wanted to know out of curiosity whether the XBox 360 is easily hackable or not...
to play non-original :D games, better buy a pre-modded XBoX360.

coz the original one costa 25+k (dunno the cost), & the grey market one will cost atleast 4k less. + the mod chips will set you back ~1k.

fortebuster

Broken In
No HDD means game saves on mem cards. I'd go for premium. Music Movies et al..

If you have the moolah, get the elite version. 120 GB HDD, 475$.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^Elite version not available in India. And $475 = Rs.475 X 46 = Rs.21850 does not mean that it will sell here for Rs.21850.

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
faraaz said:
Thank you every body!! And uh...XBox 360 from a shop can't be modded later on??

FIRST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

YES YOU CAN MOD THEM LATER ON
MANY GAMEWALLAS DO THIS FOR YOU.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I just learnt that modding and xbox 360 is illegal as well as flashing it as the bios is copyrighted material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom