Buying advice for gaming mouse<2500

Deadman

Journeyman
I am confused between G400 and G400s g400 is no longer available except at flipkart and in case of failure they replace it with g400s which is not a good looking mouse plus there are mixed reviews about it.
I have relatively small hands and would be using it on a 15" laptop.
I won't be able to extend my budget further so please suggest between these two or any mouse of your choice.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
From reviews people say storm is for claw users now i am not able to get the exact difference between a claw and palm grip.can u please elaborate.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
From reviews people say storm is for claw users now i am not able to get the exact difference between a claw and palm grip.can u please elaborate.

Quick round-up of my experiences on each grip :

Palm grip:
- Easy to learn to aim with (fewer variables than in Claw or Fingertip grip means learning curve is flatter).
- As fast as your arm can be (you're gripping the mouse tighter than other grips), but not that precise on fast swipes.
- (Should be the) Most naturally comfortable grip.
Two articulations which concentrate all the movement:
-- Moving wrist for small movements (so they're a bit circular).
-- Moving the whole arm for fast swipes (if low-sensitivity, in high sensitivity you only move your wrist).
As such, it's theoretically not as precise as Fingertip or Claw grip (but in practice it depends on the precision of the movements of the individual, not the grip style).

Claw grip:
- Easy grip to transition to or from (you can go to Palm or Fingertip with only small modifications of the shape your hand is used to).
- Since you are also "holding" your mouse with your fingertips and your palm, it should be precise on fast swipes.
- Since you have your fingertips on the mouse, small adjustments should be more precise than Palm grip.
Three articulation sets concentrate all the movement:
-- Moving fingers for very small adjustments (those can be non-circular so more precise).
-- Moving wrist for small-med movements (a bit circular movement).
-- Moving the whole arm for fast swipes.
It should be slightly more precise than Fingertip on fast movements, slightly less on slow ones (as having your palm holding the back of the mouse should bias a bit the slow movements to be a bit circular).

Fingertip grip:
- Easy grip to start with, probably harder to master than the other two since you need to master three sets of movements to achieve decent aim on all speeds (fingers for slow, wrist for medium, arm for fast movements).
- Most precise on small or very small movements.
- Since your palm is not touching the mouse, all the movements are directly dependant on your fingers (which can be a double-edged sword when learning to use this grip), and as such, should make all the movements where you use only fingers more precise.
- Easiest grip to correct any underaiming or overaiming (when you miss the target by aiming before or after it, respectively).
Three articulation sets concentrate all the movement:
-- Moving fingers for very small to small adjustments (those should be non-circular so more precise).
-- Moving wrist for med movements (a bit circular movement).
-- Moving the whole arm for fast swipes.
It should be the most precise grip on small movements, but it can lose a bit on very fast swipes (specially when not adapted fully to it) since you're holding the mouse only with your fingers, so probably you won't be able to grip as tight the mouse as the other styles.

However, keep in mind that many variations exist, and plenty of people won't use all the movements possible with a grip style (some people can play with claw grip only moving their whole arm, for example, ignoring finger or wrist input. In those case grip type depends on whatever they are more comfortable), so take that as a subjective input on the matter.

Source:Overclock.net

flyingcow

Shibe
Here is a helpful link with info about 3 grips, palm, claw and fingertip, i personallyhave fingetip grip with xtra large hands, and i found that the g400 was the best for me
Guide to Gaming Mouse | Razer Gaming Mouse Advisor | Razer™ | For Gamers. By Gamers.™

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Thanks for the info. As with my logitech m215 mouse it is a small mouse so basically my style of playing is fingertip grip means i can settle well with claw grip with a comparatively big and heavier mouse.
So should i go with cooler master storm with mousepad combo from flipkart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom