Buying Advice for a New Phone under Rs.15000? - No to Samsung

Hello,

to all of you.

I need to buy a new phone, Please advice me.I have filled the Mobile Phone Questionnaire Performa.

1. Budget? - Max 16k.

2. Display type and size? - Touchscreen 5.5 and above

3. Dual sim? - Yes with MicroSd Card.

4. Preferred choice of brand? - Realme, Xiaomi, If any other good phone available under my budget, please let me know but strictly no to Samsung.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - Dual camera Portrait

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android even Customized will do the work.

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC or 5Ghz wifi). - Any

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Multimedia Consumption, Calling.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Redmi Note 7 Pro or Real Me 3 Pro.

10. Any other info that you want to share. : No.

Hope to get reply soon.

Thank You,
Regards,

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Why no Samsung? I Am asking because I was on that train for quite long until I bought S8+.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Why no Samsung? I Am asking because I was on that train for quite long until I bought S8+.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have had a bad experience using Samsung phones, not one time but many times, there are some other reasons also, that I don't want to discuss here.

Even one of the Experienced member of this forum "whitestar_999" wrote that "No good samsung model worth buying except their higher end models."

So, Please advice me some other company's model.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Respected Members,

Please advice and help me to choose between Redmi Note 7 Pro or RealMe 3 Pro? and If some other model of some other brand is better than these then please let me know.
Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No good samsung model worth buying except their higher end models.

Hello,

I have had a bad experience using Samsung phones, not one time but many times, there are some other reasons also, that I don't want to discuss here.

Even one of the Experienced member of this forum "whitestar_999" wrote that "No good samsung model worth buying except their higher end models."

So, Please advice me some other company's model.

I would suggest you to get either the M30 or wait for the M40. You won't be disappointed, trust me on that. One UI is dope and on top of that, the camera is good.

Respected Members,

Please advice and help me to choose between Redmi Note 7 Pro or RealMe 3 Pro? and If some other model of some other brand is better than these then please let me know.
Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

If still no to Samsung, then go for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Moto phones are good. X4 or something like that

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Nope they are not. They tend to forget about you in terms of updates after 6 months. You should not expect timely updates from them and op after 6 months.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
M30 comes with Oreo & I doubt it will get Pie update & forget about Q update.Hardware is also inferior compared to Redmi note 7 pro or even asus zenfone max pro m2.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
M30 comes with Oreo & I doubt it will get Pie update & forget about Q update.Hardware is also inferior compared to Redmi note 7 pro or even asus zenfone max pro m2.
Pie is currently rolling out for M10, M20 and M30. They have promised a Q update. About hardware, sure if op wants to do high end gaming then Zenfone M2 other than that M30+that one ui is vfm.

Redmi Note 7 Pro is a great choice under 15k. Avoid Realme, Oppo & Vivo phones, not so well optimized UI & updates are questionable. Xiaomi at least provides its MIUI updates if not android version update. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is another decent choice but if you are fine with skinned OS, RN7P is just better in terms of performance & camera. RN7P has a hybrid SIM slot though, Max Pro M2 has dual SIMs + SD card slot.

Not to convince you to buy Samsung, but recent Samsung mid-rangers (M & A) are much better than older J & On series. If I had to buy a phone for my parents, I'd easily pick A50 for them. Except for display, RN7P is definitely better than it (UI is subjective).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Was stuck in office till 9:45. Just got back.
Respected Members,

Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK
Get Redmi Note 7 Pro, flash a custom rom from day 1 and install Gcam from xda. I hate MIUI but like the value for money hardware Xiaomi phones have.
Current M and A series are ok options but they are 2 years late in terms of hardware. As always, don't buy lower end Samsung phones.
Moto phones are good. X4 or something like that

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Moto is dead. Lenovo killed them.

As for Oppo/vivo/Realme phones, they are not even worth time taken to write their names.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,

Respected Members,

Firstly, Thank you very much all for all the Informative and great replies, I think I can go with Redmi Note 7 Pro, but before I have a request Can you please let me know that here why most of the Members against buying Oppo/ Realme phones, actually sometimes ago my friend bought a RealMe 2 Pro, and I had used that phone, and didn't feel anything wrong? Anyways I want to know Is there any competition between Redmi Note 7 Pro and RealMe 3 pro, as the latter used most advanced processor? Hope to see replies.

Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Hello,

Respected Members,

Firstly, Thank you very much all for all the Informative and great replies, I think I can go with Redmi Note 7 Pro, but before I have a request Can you please let me know that here why most of the Members against buying Oppo/ Realme phones, actually sometimes ago my friend bought a RealMe 2 Pro, and I had used that phone, and didn't feel anything wrong? Anyways I want to know Is there any competition between Redmi Note 7 Pro and RealMe 3 pro, as the latter used most advanced processor? Hope to see replies.

Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK
For me its unoptimized UI (MIUI, One UI are better optimized), the uncertainty of updates & questionable after sales. Xiaomi isn't much better than Oppo, Vivo in terms of after sales, but still, they might be better. Xiaomi phones at least gets features via MIUI version update even though the Android version isn't bumped up (RN7P might get Q update, then its just MIUI version updates with android version staying at Q). Recently Samsung has given 2 android updates to various ~20k phones, so they are trying to improve, but obviously its slow (M30 got pie update recently).

Also, S675 > S710 > S660, so don't go purely based on number. The camera is better in RN7P as well (not just because of MP).

The Realme phones are decent in terms of overall package but Oppo & Vivo branded phones usually have inferior hardware to Xiaomi & Honor ones, they basically relied too much on ads & selfie cam MP. Guess what MP doesn't matter that much in a cam, the 8MP selfie cam of my S8 will beat most of the 25MP/32MP selfie cams of Oppo & Vivo.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
For me its unoptimized UI (MIUI, One UI are better optimized), the uncertainty of updates & questionable after sales. Xiaomi isn't much better than Oppo, Vivo in terms of after sales, but still, they might be better. Xiaomi phones at least gets features via MIUI version update even though the Android version isn't bumped up (RN7P might get Q update, then its just MIUI version updates with android version staying at Q). Recently Samsung has given 2 android updates to various ~20k phones, so they are trying to improve, but obviously its slow (M30 got pie update recently).

Also, S675 > S710 > S660, so don't go purely based on number. The camera is better in RN7P as well (not just because of MP).

The Realme phones are decent in terms of overall package but Oppo & Vivo branded phones usually have inferior hardware to Xiaomi & Honor ones, they basically relied too much on ads & selfie cam MP. Guess what MP doesn't matter that much in a cam, the 8MP selfie cam of my S8 will beat most of the 25MP/32MP selfie cams of Oppo & Vivo.

Hello,
Thanks for this reply, and removing many confusions, actually I tried to buy RN 7 Pro, but as you know its only available in the stupid Flash Sale and I could not buy it, but on the other hand, RealMe 3 Pro is available without the Flash Sale, I want to know Should I go for this just due to that I could not buy the RN7 Pro in the Flash Sale?

Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Hello,
Thanks for this reply, and removing many confusions, actually I tried to buy RN 7 Pro, but as you know its only available in the stupid Flash Sale and I could not buy it, but on the other hand, RealMe 3 Pro is available without the Flash Sale, I want to know Should I go for this just due to that I could not buy the RN7 Pro in the Flash Sale?

Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK
Go for Redmi Note 7S or Zenfone Max Pro M2, will meet your requirements. 7S has a better cam than M2, but M2 has advantages of clean android w/o ads & dedicated SD card slot.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hello,

Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Get Vivo Z1 Pro
This is currently best phone within 15k
-Good Processor(SD 712)
-Good camera's
-Huge Battery
-18 watt fast charger
-low SAR value

Review

This is first phone from vivo is going to give very stiff competition redmi,honor etc.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This is first phone from vivo is going to give very stiff competition redmi,honor etc.
Crap vivo UI with no developer support. Unless they release kernel sources and support roms devs to create AOSP roms, they won't be a good option. There is a reason why Huawei/Honor gets bashed on XDA despite being one of their sponsors.

Top Bottom