[Buying Advice] 20k 5/4.7inch android

ssb1551

Technomancer
- - - Updated - - -

I am telling you after seeing the lag in my friend s4. I am not exaggerating it. Yeah in terms of camera it is good but the build quality and touchwiz still sucks big time.

Hi. I own an S4 too. Not to sound like a fanboy - which I aint - but S4 UI was never laggy since the day I purchased it. Maybe I got lucky. And after the L update its even faster and better. I didn't install many games though, just a few ones like Temple Run 2, Subway Surfer & all. But my phone is still works like a charm as compared to my friends' Moto G2(I got lotsa friends who bought G2).

Don't mean to start a war of words but its my 2 cents on the topic.

$hadow

Geek in making
- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I own an S4 too. Not to sound like a fanboy - which I aint - but S4 UI was never laggy since the day I purchased it. Maybe I got lucky. And after the L update its even faster and better. I didn't install many games though, just a few ones like Temple Run 2, Subway Surfer & all. But my phone is still works like a charm as compared to my friends' Moto G2(I got lotsa friends who bought G2).

Don't mean to start a war of words but its my 2 cents on the topic.

So finally someone is here who is saying touchwiz don't lag. I mean no offense to you but I would still like yo know about the overall ram consumption and do you suggest someone to buy it after 2 years.

ssb1551

Technomancer
None taken buddy :) - after all, it was just my opinion & I didn't mean to belittle anyone's. After the L update I have around 700 - 800 MB free RAM. I dunno if thats less or more but I (can't stress enough on the fact about NO LAG) never experienced any lag at all. But then again maybe someone has keener eyes & senses than I do. My point is - I was & am happy with the phone :).

Well coming to your question about suggesting it somebody - it all depends on the budget of the buyer. If the person can't spend more than 20k then yeah I would suggest. But if the buyer can spend more than 20k then NO. After all at the end of the day it comes down to MONEY.

$hadow

Geek in making
None taken buddy :) - after all, it was just my opinion & I didn't mean to belittle anyone's. After the L update I have around 700 - 800 MB free RAM. I dunno if thats less or more but I (can't stress enough on the fact about NO LAG) never experienced any lag at all. But then again maybe someone has keener eyes & senses than I do. My point is - I was & am happy with the phone :).

Well coming to your question about suggesting it somebody - it all depends on the budget of the buyer. If the person can't spend more than 20k then yeah I would suggest. But if the buyer can spend more than 20k then NO. After all at the end of the day it comes down to MONEY.

Great explanation man. I was looking forward for how much ram is left available it is available in plenty.

Great explanation man. I was looking forward for how much ram is left available it is available in plenty.

Even in Kitkat, S4 used 1-1.2GB RAM..... Lollipop update improved it's speed because of the optimization of Touchwiz

Even though it's a 2 year old phone, I don't think there is any other phone below 20k which has a great screen & camera, as S4 does. As far as its processing power is concerned, it's no match to Snapdragon 800+, but still it's better than Snapdragon 410..... We all know 64 bit is just a marketing term for now, full implementation will take time.

$hadow

Geek in making
Even in Kitkat, S4 used 1-1.2GB RAM..... Lollipop update improved it's speed because of the optimization of Touchwiz

Even though it's a 2 year old phone, I don't think there is any other phone below 20k which has a great screen & camera, as S4 does. As far as its processing power is concerned, it's no match to Snapdragon 800+, but still it's better than Snapdragon 410..... We all know 64 bit is just a marketing term for now, full implementation will take time.

True that brother. But people buying phone still holds out on purchasing a old hardware.

Snapdragon 615 (in Yureka and Desire 820)>> Exynos 5 Octa 5410 in S4
Just saying ;)

I know that buddy, but companies are still launching phones with S410 at around 20k price. Desire 820 is a great phablet, but overpriced

Anyways, everyone has different choices & I'm just putting my opinion

Those A series are coming with SD 410 if I am not wrong.

Yeah, exactly, even the E series
I really liked Alpha, it's current price of 28k is justifiable for me...... If you can spend 50k on iPone 6, then why not Alpha(or Z3 Compact) which is better

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah, exactly, even the E series
I really liked Alpha, it's current price of 28k is justifiable for me...... If you can spend 50k on iPone 6, then why not Alpha(or Z3 Compact) which is better

Whaaat alpha is priced at 28k if I remember correctly it was launched at 38 or 40k.

Whaaat alpha is priced at 28k if I remember correctly it was launched at 38 or 40k.

Yes it was launched at 38k
Now it's 26.5k
Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Charcoal Black): Buy Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Charcoal Black) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal.com
Haters are gonna hate but it's a VFM compact phone

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^not worth it imho
1.Snapdeal is risky and unreliable
2.Samsung Exynos is a problem,it doesnt have good roms and support because closed source hence half baked roms
3.extremely oversaturated display and camera,which results in unnatural colours
4.overpriced given that phones such as OPO,Moto X etc exist and offer better quality and support
5.Touchwiz is bogged down and sluggish
6.boring design,just changing the materials doesnt make it a whole new phone altogether

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
O-P-O is a good choice. Samsung's only good offering in the range of 20-25K is the Note 3 Neo. SD 615 is no match for the Exynos 5260 besides being 64 bit. Nexus 5 is another good choice.Go for the Samsung A series only if you desire the nice build quality.

Exynos is the future of mobile chips. The Exynos 7420 which is manufactured on the bleeding edge 14 NM process has already surpassed SD 810 in many aspects. The dev support will shift to Exynos in the future.As far as the so called "Oversaturated" SAMOLED display's are concerned, latest gen SAMOLED's offer LCD level brightness, black levels that no LCD can even come close and multiple display modes ranging from oversaturated to accurate.In short SAMOLED is the future of of mobile displays.

I said compact phone, Nexus 5 & Oneplus one are compact from no angle.... Both have 70mm+ width, even my N4 has 68.xmm width

Performance of Alpha is good enough, better than Exynos S5 in fact. Most android fanboys goes for the specs i.e. SoC & RAM

You can adjust the display's saturation, it was available even in my S2. AMOLEDs now produce much more accurate colour production. I've seen S5 & HTC One, side by side & S5 seemed better (used same pic to comare)

Also not everyone goes with the trend of bigger the phone, better

OP
E

envyraw

Broken In
I see the thread has gone further but thanks for all your inputs. I have bought mi4 64gb since it is compact and he was sceptical about honour's gaming performance.

Top Bottom