1 TB Sata II HDD
ATI Raedon HD 5500
20" samsung LCD
iBall 550 Watt PSU
Creative X-Fi
Altec Lancing Speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
APC 650 Watt UPS

Now I am confused about some of these config, because a frnd of mine said it would be better to use 2 Nvidia 9500 GT as SLI than any 9800 GTX or ATI HD 5500
Another One Said not much speed difference b/w Athlon x2 5500 Black Edition & Starting Level Phenom

So anybody have any ideas ? or give me a better config for my pc ? overall price shuld be same. Oh and my main criteria is gaming.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
that is a total out of balance PC. if you get this PC (or follow friends suggestion) forget gaming.as you not mention your budget, so suggesting a moderate gaming rig:

Athlon II X4 630/635 ---> 4.5/5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H/880GM-UD2H/Biostar TA785G3 HD ---> 4.5/4.5-5/4k
2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz from Corsair/Kingston/G.Skill/Muskin/OCZ ---> 2.5-3k (try get 4Gb)
Western Digital Blue/Seagate/Samsung F3 Spinpoint ---> 2/1.9/1.8k (get 500Gb now. 1Tb later)
HD5670 512Mb from whatever brand you can find ---> 5-5.5k (don't get 1Gb. waste)
Benq G2020HD/Samung 20"/Dell S2009W ---> 6.5-7k
FSP Saga II 400W ---> 2k (don't get iBall/Frontech/Zebronics/VIP stuff if you want tour PC lives happily for long time)
no need for dedicated sound card. use onboard sound first.
get Win7 32bit. 64bit will require 4Gb or more ram.
lastly, get the same UPS as you decided.

as cabinet yet to be decided, get a cabinet with PSU mounting on top, not bottom like NZXT/Cooler Master Centurion or Elite 430. if going for Elite 430 or something, get Corsair.

PS: Nvidia 9 series dead. stay away from them. ATI 55*0 are a bit slower or comparable to 9600GT. HD5670 performs equally to 9800GT.

the difference isn't much if a good card isn't used. but best is avoid Phenom II & get Athlon II. cheaper & still performance difference isn't anything to talk about.

OP
A

arghya139

Broken In
that is a total out of balance PC. if you get this PC (or follow friends suggestion) forget gaming.as you not mention your budget, so suggesting a moderate gaming rig:

Athlon II X4 630/635 ---> 4.5/5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H/880GM-UD2H/Biostar TA785G3 HD ---> 4.5/4.5-5/4k
2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz from Corsair/Kingston/G.Skill/Muskin/OCZ ---> 2.5-3k (try get 4Gb)
Western Digital Blue/Seagate/Samsung F3 Spinpoint ---> 2/1.9/1.8k (get 500Gb now. 1Tb later)
HD5670 512Mb from whatever brand you can find ---> 5-5.5k (don't get 1Gb. waste)
Benq G2020HD/Samung 20"/Dell S2009W ---> 6.5-7k
FSP Saga II 400W ---> 2k (don't get iBall/Frontech/Zebronics/VIP stuff if you want tour PC lives happily for long time)
no need for dedicated sound card. use onboard sound first.
get Win7 32bit. 64bit will require 4Gb or more ram.
lastly, get the same UPS as you decided.

as cabinet yet to be decided, get a cabinet with PSU mounting on top, not bottom like NZXT/Cooler Master Centurion or Elite 430. if going for Elite 430 or something, get Corsair.

PS: Nvidia 9 series dead. stay away from them. ATI 55*0 are a bit slower or comparable to 9600GT. HD5670 performs equally to 9800GT.

the difference isn't much if a good card isn't used. but best is avoid Phenom II & get Athlon II. cheaper & still performance difference isn't anything to talk about.

Thanks.
I needed this kind of advice only

shantanu

Technomancer
hello!

Quad cores are generally not considered a gaming solution, but I use the Phenom 9950 Quad and it really beats out the performance out of the game. I would suggest if you can go for a quad core, at least 4gb of ram and a tb of harddisk. With that get a decent gfx card as suggested above.

I would also suggest you to get atleast a 650Watt SMPS ( preferably Cooler master or zebronics ) ( I use Zeb pro series 750 watts quad rail ) and a a decent cooling cabinet.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
First of all, the processor you mentioned is a FAST quad core and that's why it can defeat the other slower ones. You should also look at the price at which you bought it. Sam has given a quad core in his suggestion. Ram is always upgradeable and shouldn't make a difference in gaming performance as such for the time being. Hard disks are also always upgradeable. As for the smps, zebronics and CM are the worst branded smps makers in the market. Their power supplies (zebronics and CM eXtreme series) hardly deliver half of the advertised power. For that config an fsp saga 400/500 w should be much better than zebronics.

shantanu

Technomancer
@cybertonics : you must be talking about the normal Zeb SMPS, i use a Pro series 750 WATT and have used a 550W pro series and they are amazingly good. I always keep my PC on and never turn it off, i play games work on it, no problems what so ever from the last 3 years. And plus the warranty is 5 years. so..

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@shantanu
wats your config?
& i agree with Sam & Cybertonic

@Cybertonic
only CMs Extreme Series Line SMPS are bad...rest are good enough!

shantanu

Technomancer
I am just speaking about my experience.

I have Phenom I quad 9550 ( overclocked to 3.0 GHz )
corsair 2 x 4 GB Dual channel
Nvidia EVGA 280GTX superclocked 1GB
WD Black 1 TB
Zeb Pro series 750W (quad rail)
Creative X-Fi
Windows 7 x64

Sidewinder X6 keyboard /Sidewinder mouse

Top Bottom