Buying a new MOTHERBOARD and PROCESSOR upto 25k??

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new motherboard and processor. My budget is upto 25k. If this is less, I can buy them 1 at a time.
I need a very high performance processor and motherboard. It will be required for all sorts of purposes...
I currently own a XFX nVidia Geforce 8600 GT GPU with 512 mb memory. I also own a 320 GB HDD and 2 GB RAM. Regarding the display, I recently bough a Dell SP2208 WFP widescreen 22" LCD monitor.

Which is the best Intel Core 2 Extreme?? How much does it cost?? I know that is very costly but how will it be if I go for an Intel Core 2 Quad processor?? What other processors are there that perform equally well?? What motherboard should I use with these processors??

Please answer my questions and also suggest me your opinions on different motherboards and processors that are equivalent to these...Also, please quote their prices.

Cheers
Krish

Last edited:

Micheal

Pro Geeks
u seem to be filled to the brim with money dude :lol::D:shock:

okay biznes time. if u r an overclocker and looking for an xcellent gaming platform and for that matter ne other rendering work go get an Intel C2D E8400, E8500. i wont suggest a quad-core bcoz the lower ones (atleast from intel) are basically two C2Ds slapped together. And although the higher ones r there there isnt heavy performance gain.
More importantly there aint enuf software around that can take advantage of quadcores. Some will come (or are coming) that incorporate support but tis just support and no real utilization. Even today very few softwares r there that can take advantage of the dual-cores we hav today.

For motherboard i'd suggest (4 u :D ) ABit IP35 Pro, IX38 QuadGT; MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM, P35 PLATINUM COM, X48C PLATINUM, P45 Platinum; ASUS P5K64 WS.

Go look these up for urself.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Wait for nehalems.
No use of spending so much now.
Even if u do,within few months these are obsolete due to nehalems.
Regarding quads-they are much more future proof.and there's not much difference in performance in apps which only support dual core.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Wait for nehalems.
No use of spending so much now.
Even if u do,within few months these are obsolete due to nehalems.
Regarding quads-they are much more future proof.and there's not much difference in performance in apps which only support dual core.

What are nehalems??

ancientrites

In the zone
i say every product becomes obsolute in some or other day.If you are in hurry i suggest you buy intel E8500 and asus p5Q mobo or if you like sli ones go for 750i mobos from asus or msi.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Yes. Every product becomes obsolete. But Nehalem is a huge architectural change that you should not ignore. Its something like an advancement from Pentium to Core architecture.

# Integrated memory controller supporting DDR3 SDRAM and between 1 and 6[citation needed] memory channels
# Integrated graphics processor (IGP) located off-die, but in the same CPU package[4]
# A new point-to-point processor interconnect, the Intel QuickPath Interconnect, replacing the legacy front side bus
# Simultaneous multithreading, which enables two threads per core. Simultaneous multithreading has not been present on a consumer Intel processor since 2006 with the Pentium 4 and Pentium EE. Unlike the SMT implementations on the Pentium 4 and the Atom, SMT on Nehalem is referred to as 'MTT'.[5]
# Native quad and octo (8) core processors[6]
# 32 KB L1 instruction and 32 KB L1 data cache per core
# 256 KB L2 cache per core
# 8 MB L3 cache shared by all cores
# 33% more in-flight micro-ops than Conroe[7]
# 2nd level branch predictor and 2nd level Translation Lookaside Buffer[7]
# Modular blocks of components such as cores that can be added and subtracted for varying market segments[8]

If you look at the bold text, it's an architecture that's worth waiting for.

@krish_puri : If you are ready to put 25k for proccy and mobo. You should definitely wait for Nehalem.

According to a preview from AnandTech "expect a 20 - 50% overall advantage over Penryn with only a 10% increase in power usage. It looks like Intel is on track to delivering just that in Q

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom