Buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

purujitb

Broken In
Hi,

I want to buy a new laptop. My budget is 40-45k.

Please suggest me some....

I have searched the net and found Dell 1525 & Dell 1530 suiting my budget and requirements (formal gaming and programming). Other laptops in same range(sony,lenovo,ect) seems to have lower config wrt Dell.

Thanks in advance:D

New

Padawan
Slightly increase your budget and go for Dell 1520.Read the review of 1520 in "Review" section.

OP
P

purujitb

Broken In
I checked the Dell site and compared 1520 with 1525.

At same configuration 1520=>Rs. 54k ; 1525=>Rs. 50k
The only difference was in the video card 1525 had X3100 whereas 1520 had nvidia 8600M GT.

So is nvidia worth 4k

gowtham

Journeyman
it definitely is. it can offload decoding videos from ur proc, so u can njoy HD vids and not to mention the jump in ur FPS in games! ;)

But still, i would like it if u go for the xps m1530. its muchhhhhhhh better, trust me!

OP
P

purujitb

Broken In
XPS M1530=>58k:( Too high.

I can at max stretch till 1520.

Other than Dell is there any other lapy in the same range??(better than 1520)

Also should I go for T5450 or T7250 the price difference is 5k

Last edited:

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Look for Dell Studio 15 (or) Acer Aspire 5738G these are the best ones which have a graphic card below 50K. At my city Acer Aspire 5738G comes with blue ray reader (not writer) price is something near to 45K.

Hi Guys,
I need help to buying my sis a laptop.
She mainly requires the laptop to do her work -->C, C++ , (SAP may be in near future). Her budget is 30K to 35K.
I found few good laptops like HCL ME LAPTOP B3863 --> Rs34K (net price) but i need your valuable suggestions :)
Guys please try to give reply soon
Thanks

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Look for Dell Studio 15 (or) Acer Aspire 5738G these are the best ones which have a graphic card below 50K. At my city Acer Aspire 5738G comes with blue ray reader (not writer) price is something near to 45K.

plz check the date before making a post..... dont dig up old threads

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi Guys,
I need help to buying my sis a laptop.
She mainly requires the laptop to do her work -->C, C++ , (SAP may be in near future). Her budget is 30K to 35K.
I found few good laptops like HCL ME LAPTOP B3863 --> Rs34K (net price) but i need your valuable suggestions :)
Guys please try to give reply soon
Thanks

my pick would be Acer 5738 for 35k-37k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
DELL Inspiron is good. You can check it on their website. Interested in DELL, I can advice further.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

DELL Inspiron is good. If interested.. I can advice more.

DELL Inspiron is good. You can check it on their website. Interested in DELL, I can advice further.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

DELL Inspiron is good. If interested.. I can advice more.
Yes i hvae no probs with dell till the time it is out of her budget(that can be a small problemo)and she is able to do her work:smile::smile:
Pls reply soon

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Dell(TM) Inspiron 14 Laptop ( S541001IN8 ) @ Rs.32,228.38 (Excluding Tax and Delivery)
Intel® Pentium® Processor T4300 (2.1GHz / 800FSB / 1MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
McAfee(TM) Security Center (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version
3GB (1X1GB+1X2GB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [Included in Price]
250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive [Included in Price]
8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability, with Roxio Burn 1.0--For Win7
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g Half Mini Card
Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom