Built a new gaming PC !

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally switched from a laptop to a proper gaming PC. Didn't have a massive budget so went for a budget CPU, other than that it is totally awesome.

Intel Pentium G4560 CPU
Zotac GTX 1060 6 GB AMP edition GPU
8 GB Corsair 2400 MHZ RAM
B250M - D3H Gigabyte Motherboard
Cooler Master Masterbox 5 lite Cabinet
Corsair VS 650 W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Gigabyte Wifi Card
Windows 10 Pro
LG 22MP68VQ Monitor

Total : 81 K

Will upgrade to an I7-7700 and a GTX 1070 within 2-3 years.

Cheers !

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Why ?, I wanted a higher capacity PSU in order to support my planned GTX I7-7700/ GTX 1070 combination in future.

A good quality 500-550watts would have been enough for that config .. you got more watts , but compromised on quality of PSU ..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why ?, I wanted a higher capacity PSU in order to support my planned GTX I7-7700/ GTX 1070 combination in future.
In 2-3 years, i7-7700 will be obsolete and your mobo might not support newer CPUs since that's the way it works for Intel. Corsair VS series is crap for high end components and Masterbox 5 lite has poor airflow.
Should've posted a query before buying this config especially when coffeelake is going to be launched in a week.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
In 2-3 years, i7-7700 will be obsolete and your mobo might not support newer CPUs since that's the way it works for Intel. Corsair VS series is crap for high end components and Masterbox 5 lite has poor airflow.
Should've posted a query before buying this config especially when coffeelake is going to be launched in a week.

It is what it is. As long as games run at 60 FPS+ on ULtra settings with 1080p resolution, I don't care what the system config is.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It is what it is. As long as games run at 60 FPS+ on ULtra settings with 1080p resolution, I don't care what the system config is.
Then again don't sacrifice fps for ultra. Use high-very high settings instead. There is hardly any visible difference between them.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Then again don't sacrifice fps for ultra. Use high-very high settings instead. There is hardly any visible difference between them.

Nope. No compromises. Even though my current combination can't do that, a I7-7700 + GTX 1070 combination should most definitely be able to do that now and for the foreseeable future(5-6 yes). I will be getting a fresh MOBO after that anyways.

ULTRON 17

Broken In
:clap2:+1 for Gpu & Moniter but please change to power supply buy SEASONIC S12II-620 at least becoz for i7 and gtx 1070 if you upgrade.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally switched from a laptop to a proper gaming PC. Didn't have a massive budget so went for a budget CPU, other than that it is totally awesome.

Intel Pentium G4560 CPU
Zotac GTX 1060 6 GB AMP edition GPU
8 GB Corsair 2400 MHZ RAM
B250M - D3H Gigabyte Motherboard
Cooler Master Masterbox 5 lite Cabinet
Corsair VS 650 W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Gigabyte Wifi Card
Windows 10 Pro
LG 22MP68VQ Monitor

Total : 81 K

Will upgrade to an I7-7700 and a GTX 1070 within 2-3 years.

Cheers !

Congrats on your new system. Can you share the price of the individual parts ? I'm on the lookout for a new PC and I would appreciate the prices to use as a reference. Thanks.

ssb1551

Technomancer
When I bought Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHz single it was for around $100 on newegg.com. Now have a look at the cost of the same model :
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 - Newegg.com

Top Bottom