Building a new budget Gaming PC after a long time

Garv1386

Journeyman
I am building this PC as want to start gaming again after not able to play them for 5 years. I am a AMD fan.

What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: This PC will be for gaming purpose only. I used to play games like GTA series, Far Cry series, Assassin Creed series, Crysis series......etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: I will be buying things in parts over 2-3 months, let's say 50k which can be increased upto 60k as components will be bought in batches.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, but in future.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10.

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: No HDD needed for now, but will buy SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Please suggest a 24 inch Monitor(AOC preferred) which I will buy in future but right now, will use my 19 inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have Seasonic S|| 520 W power supply and will be using my Antec GX 700 cabinet.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March 2021

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes, I have built PC two times.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I will buy it from both online and Nehru Palace, wherever I can get cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am planning to buy used graphic card and is open to buy used CPU and Mobo if available. Also I am building this PC with mind set that I will keep upgading the processor to keep this PC up-to-date with future games so suggest accordingly.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: I will be buying things in parts over 2-3 months, so can't comment on budget but it's going to be a budget PC build.
100k PC can be a "budget build" for someone and 10k for others, Be specific.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: I will buy a 32 inch LED TV in future but right now, will use my 19 inch monitor.
Cheap TVs are crap for gaming usage. Unless you are getting a 4k 120Hz gync OLED one, don't buy it for PC.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -65k (AMD Gaming Rig) GTX 1650 4GB DDDR6

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3500 -12.3k
Motherboard -Asrock B450M/ac -8.3k
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 16GB(8GBx2) 3600Mhz -8.1k (primeabgb.com)
SSD -Gigabyte 1TB NVME SSD -9k
Power Supply -Already using your Seasonic S12 520w
GPU -Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 4GB DDR6 -16.1k
Monitor -BenQ GW2480 24inch LED IPS -9.6k
Cabinet -Already using your Antec GX700
KB & Mouse -HP KM300F Gaming Combo -1.6k (amazon.in)

Total -65K

All above components prices are taken from vedantcomputers unless otherwise specified.

PS: Vedantcomputers does not take payment gateway charges and provides free shipping all over India. I bought from them my present PC in Oct,2019 so can vouch for them.

Last edited:
Put fanboy-ism out of the window as your budget isn't high enough to allow for that, if you want best components for your money. Many Ryzen CPUs, esp budget ones are overpriced right now. Intel i5 10400 is like 10% inferior to R5 3600 but at a cheaper price & has iGPU.

Another big issue is GPU. Currently, most good ones are overpriced a lot, like GTX 1660S is 27k instead of 19k & you could have bought an RTX 2060 for 25-27k.

CPU - Intel i5 10400 - 15.5k (has iGPU)

Mobo - MSI B460M Pro VDH WiFi - 9k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 2666+MHz - 6k*

GPU - GTX 1660 Super - 27k

SSD - Kingston A400 240GB - 2.5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3.2k

PSU - Yours

Cabinet - Yours

Total - 63.2k

*Get 2666MHz RAM but sometimes higher freq RAM is cheaper. Say a 3000MHz RAM will underclock & run at 2666.

Monitor - Acer Nitro VG240YP 24″ 1080p 144Hz IPS Freesync - 13.5k (great value, I'm using it)

Regarding GPU, you can maybe buy a used RX570 or GTX 1060 for 7-9k & use it for now. BTW that rig will boot without a GPU because of Intel GPU, so you can take some time to hunt for a good used GPU & maybe buy a new GPU later this year when price frenzy is over.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -61.6k (AMD Gaming Rig)

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3400G -13.9k (has iGPU) (mdcomputers.in)
Motherboard -Asrock B450M/ac Wifi -7.5k (Supports upto RAM frequency upto 3533Mhz)
Monitor -Acer Nitro VG240YP 24" 1080P 144Hz LED IPS FreeSync -13.5k (flipkart.com)
Used GPU -Any RX 570 8GB, RX 580 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB, GTX 1050 ti 4GB (Link: GRAPHICS CARD -GTX-1050Ti/GTX-1060/GTX 1070 /RX-570/RX-580.Best Price) 8k

Total -61.6K

All above components prices are taken from vedantcomputers unless otherwise specified.

PS: Vedantcomputers does not take payment gateway charges and provides free shipping all over India. I bought from them my present PC in Oct,2019 so can vouch for them.
I have used Asrock Motherboards both B450 & B550. Rock solid boards with good bioses.
I am using G.Skill SniperX 16GB (8GB x2) 3600Mhz Kit. Rock Solid but no RGB.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
go with omega's suggestion and settle without GPU and HDD( since you don't need it). Get in line for 3060Ti on RPTech. Keep looking for good GPU deal, get 3060Ti or whatever better deal comes first.

go with omega's suggestion and settle without GPU and HDD( since you don't need it). Get in line for 3060Ti on RPTech. Keep looking for good GPU deal, get 3060Ti or whatever better deal comes first.
It will be a very long wait w/o gaming. Better to get a used GPU IMO. GTX 1060 is still good for 1080p high 60fps on most games.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It will be a very long wait w/o gaming. Better to get a used GPU IMO. GTX 1060 is still good for 1080p high 60fps on most games.
Yes you are right about the wait. If OP is ready to spend on a 2nd hand card as a temporary GPU then it should be first priority instead of playing on Intel HD Graphics. But I will also mention that some people have been getting lucky with RPTech by getting the cards in just a month or two, way before other people who are in queue for longer. Better to submit the query and see if luck turns out good.

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Yes you are right about the wait. If OP is ready to spend on a 2nd hand card as a temporary GPU then it should be first priority instead of playing on Intel HD Graphics. But I will also mention that some people have been getting lucky with RPTech by getting the cards in just a month or two, way before other people who are in queue for longer. Better to submit the query and see if luck turns out good.
What is this RPTech, please guide

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Budget -65k (AMD Gaming Rig) GTX 1650 4GB DDDR6

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3500 -12.3k
Motherboard -Asrock B450M/ac -8.3k
GPU -Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 4GB DDR6 -16.1k
Monitor -BenQ GW2480 24inch LED IPS -9.6k

Total -65K

I am thinking of buying Ryzen 5 3500X, please suggest B550 board, also what is difference between C16,C18,C19 RAM

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
It's out of stock at RPTech but will keep an eye on it, as an interim measure will buy a used card from Nehru Palace market, will visit soon

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Instead of buying Graphic card, should I buy AMD RYZEN 5 PRO 4650G PROCESSOR for now and upgrade processor and GC 1-2 year later

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Please suggest below so that I can finalize my config
1) AMD RYZEN 5 PRO 4650G PROCESSOR or AMD RYZEN 5 3500X
2) B550 Motherboard
3) what is difference between C16,C18,C19 RAM

OP
Garv1386

Garv1386

Journeyman
Don't get them now. Get 3300x with used rx 570 or gtx 1060 6 GB. Upgrade to 5600 or 5600x and rtx 4050(?, new) or rtx 2070 Super (used GPU) 2-3 years later
RYZEN 3 3300X is Out of Stock on all website and also not in Cost to Cost price list. The price mentioned though is equal to RYZEN 5 3500X

Top Bottom