Building a "Crysis 2 PC" for under ~$600

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
When the original Crysis launched in 2007 it was proclaimed by all as the best-looking PC game yet. However, these groundbreaking visuals came with a downside - Crytek was aiming to develop a "hardware future-proof" PC game, but many enthusiasts complained that their gaming rigs could not keep up with its steep hardware requirements. When the affordable and critically-praised GeForce 8800/9800 GT graphics cards released, it subsequently allowed Crytek to create what they referred to as the sub $700 Crysis Warhead PC, an affordable gaming rig which they marketed alongside the release of the game's 2008 expansion, Crysis Warhead. The German developer did this to prove that using the right hardware, you didn't need a super computer to run the graphically-intensive games.

Now, you don't need to shell out lakhs of Rupees to play Crysis at the highest visual settings - you can build a PC that can run it for as low as Rs 46,000 (INR). Read the original article at GeForce [Link below].

Read the full article here

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 550 Ti and Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus??? Are you kidding me. :lol: GTX 460 is better and cheaper.

HD 6850 > GTX 460 >> GTX 550 Ti. GTX 550 Ti costs as much as a HD 6850 and performs slightly less than HD 5770.

The processor was fine though.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The pricing of gtx 550 is horribly wrong. Should be priced around the 5770 to make sense. Actually it gives immense competition to the previously untouched 5770. Its actually what gts 450 should have been from the start.

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
GTX 550 Ti and Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus??? Are you kidding me. :lol: GTX 460 is better and cheaper.

HD 6850 > GTX 460 >> GTX 550 Ti. GTX 550 Ti costs as much as a HD 6850 and performs slightly less than HD 5770.

The processor was fine though.

I was expecting such replies and my intention is served.

Well, as you might already have noticed, this article is published on one of the official "nvidia" website. Obviously they certainly would like to convince the users to buy the costliest of their GPUs. It is just a way of luring customers to build a PC for 600$ when they know it that they are doing good business.

This article is carefully planned and silently lures the customer to buy a cheap product at a steep price. The production cost of GTX 550 Ti is worth less than INR 2.5K IMHO.

It's all business. Like they say everything is fair in love and war , and this is war!

Top Bottom