Budget Tablet sugestions required

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
In your budget, Samsung tab 3 has poor resolution and is bloated due to touchwiz. You will regret the experience.

$hadow

Geek in making
I haven't seen any tablet that got any update after release.
Apart from Nexus tab, Samsung updates its tab Motorola tab were also updated to kitkat recently and if I am not wrong fonepad also got the update from 4.3 to 4.4 plus digiflip is also even providing update to 4.4 to it's tab

- - - Updated - - -

I know there are better options but it needs to be a Samsung and a sim card slot is a must

Craapy resolution even more crappy graphic power ad on top of that only 1.5 GB of ram

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Dell venue 8

32 GB internal memory
3 G
2 GB Ram

intel atom z2580

@ 12,549 from amazon

or Huawei Honor T1

quad core processor , 3g+ voice calling , 8 inch screen , 8 GB internal memory @ 9,999 from flipkart

or

Acer w820

windows 8.1

2 GB RAM

quad core processor

8 inch screen
32 GB internal memory @ 14,9990 from snapdeal

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
since you dont want nexus 7 and fonepad 7 and only want a samsung,its a decent buy
just get rid of touchwiz and flash CM youll be fine
avoid dell venue pro 8 and huwaei

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@OP you may have a look at the Digiflip series of Tablets by Flipkart. Or you may also look at the Notion Ink 8" Tablet launched recently at Snapdeal.
REMEMBER I COMMENTED THE WORD LOOK,NOT TO BUY.
As because there should be no confusion about the comment and no confusion may arise to be indistinguishable between the two words "look" and "buy",so I capitalised a full line of comment.
Ultimate buying decision is yours,whatever you choose and buy.
Your free will.

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
This is a special case. The tab is for my grand mother. Not for me. I also live in a different state right now so I cant play with it... Flash it etc. There's a Samsung shop right in front of my house and if there are any issues my grandmother can bother him. Service center is close by too... So my grandmother wants a Samsung tab only.. And the only usage will be Firefox, youtube, fb and Skype. Nothing else. No gaming etc. ...
So now that you'll understand the constarints... Is tab 3 ok? Do I need to extend budget? (which I believe is not required for just surfing)
Please suggest

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My honourable pranam to your and also our GRANDMOTHER.If she is not tech savvy,then why bother with screen size,screen touch sluggishness,or even UI interface and experience.Simply go for Samsung Tab3 ,as per the relevant logical and practical facts presented by you above. That will be a better purchase for her.Samsung is still Samsung,greater than many SO CALLED NUMEROUS crapware(I am a user of such products)devices in the market.So you may proceed eyes closed in buying Samsung Galaxy Tab3,for Grandmother.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ideally i would have suggested the Nexus 7 over the samsung tab but given that the service centre and showroom etc is near your grandmothers house i suggest you go ahead with tab 3 only
i have the exact same situation with my grandad,i got him an ipad 3 for the same reason(service centre etc was very close by,not that he needed it since he is quite tech savvy for his age but still as backup)
hope she likes the Tab 3 :)

Top Bottom