Budget phone for 7000-8000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatoboy

Broken In
Greetings!

Let's face it, that need to upgrade to a better phone after seeing it is something we all have to do ;)
But the reason I need a new phone is genuine.

My current phone is an el cheapo Micromax Unite 2. Everything in it is perfect - heck, it even got an OFFICIAL update to Android Lollipop. And therein lies the rub.
For some reason, every app I install gets installed to 'internal memory'. It's not the 8GB memory advertised by MMX, it's a storage of about 850mb or so. Even before I updated, I never had more than 10 apps. But now the update ate up almost all of that 850mb and I can't move more than 2-3 apps to SD card. The 8GB space is lying unused save for multimedia. And now beyond WhatsApp and Instagram, nothing will install.

Anyways, considering my budget is 7-8K, what is THE BEST phone overall? I'm looking at long-term even though I suppose budget phones aren't meant for long term use. Having said that, here is what I have in mind :

1. Budget?
A: 7-8K

2. Display type and size?
A: Any type, about 4.5" to 5"

3. Dual sim?
A: Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
A: Any

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A: Back camera with AF

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
A: Android, but I love WP as well

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
A: 2G :p

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A: All of this in moderation! g

Below are the choices I have in mind with pros and cons:

* Moto E G2
* Redmi 2 (highest preference)
* Honor Holly
* Microsoft Lumia 535
* Yu Yuphoria

Your C&C is highly welcome!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
640 or 535 hands down
Wont suggest Yu,Xiaomi etc because of poor after sales etc
also camera is best on the 640
and moving apps to SD etc is extremely well made on WP

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Little off topic. : Root your current MMx phone, take backup and then you can repartition using various scripts available for such phones. You can even swap internal memory with external.
Or easiest way is to install App2SD, create 2nd ext4 partition (as primary) and it will move about your 50% internal memory data to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom