Budget PC for Basic Home Use within 20k

giprabu

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Browsing and Media purpose. Applications : Firefox, MS Word, Excel, VLC.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max 20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 320 GB will be sufficient.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 20" Monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have UPS and Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 15 days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Buying from Chennai.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Could be better if it is an All in one pc or Pre-assembled one with 2-3 yrs warranty like *www.amazon.in/Lenovo-310S-08Iap-90...rd_wg=xJPh3&psc=1&refRID=ETPY9E17NAEY18RE8XAS

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8000,
Asus Prime B320M-K -4800,
Crucial Desktop 4GB 2400Mhz -3000,
Corsair CX 450 -3300,
Antec VSK 4000B -2200,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -2900,
AOC I2080SW 20" LED IPS -6000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -31,000.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Intel G4560 : Rs.4,195
Asrock H110M HDV R3.0 : Rs.3,400
Crucial 4GB DDR4 2400MHz (CT4G4DFS824A) ram : Rs.3,060
Corsair VS350 (5 year warranty) : Rs.2,090
WD 1TB Blue : Rs.2,920
Local (zebronics/intex/iball) cabinet with front USB 3.0 port without PSU : Rs 1200
Aoc I2080SW : Rs.5,000
KB + Mouse : As per choice

Total: ~ Rs 22k

Edit:
Try to get Dell D2015H (or any other 1080p monitor) for ~6k instead of AOC i2080SW.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Intel G4560 : Rs.4,195
Asrock H110M HDV R3.0 : Rs.3,400
Crucial 4GB DDR4 2400MHz (CT4G4DFS824A) ram : Rs.3,060
Corsair VS350 (5 year warranty) : Rs.2,090
WD 1TB Blue : Rs.2,920
Local (zebronics/intex/iball) cabinet with front USB 3.0 port without PSU : Rs 1200
Aoc I2080SW : Rs.5,000
KB + Mouse : As per choice

Total: ~ Rs 22k

Edit:
Try to get Dell D2015H (or any other 1080p monitor) for ~6k instead of AOC i2080SW.

Thanks for your suggestion.
1) I'm planning to buy online. All the above components are 500-600 bucks costlier in amazon making the overall price to 28k. Pls let me know from you got the above price list.

2) I'm planning to install a good gfx card after 3-4 months. In that case will the above configuration able to support latest games (like Farcry 5, Watchdogs 2 ) in full settings and full resolution..? Also, will it be future-proof for 3 yrs atleast ?

3) If I install the gfx card (any good card in 15k range), do i need to upgrade my PSU also ?

4) In order to support front Usb 3.0 port in Cabinet, motherboard should have that "F-USB 3.0" pins right ? If so, does the above recommended board has one ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1) I'm planning to buy online. All the above components are 500-600 bucks costlier in amazon making the overall price to 28k. Pls let me know from you got the above price list.

2) I'm planning to install a good gfx card after 3-4 months. In that case will the above configuration able to support latest games (like Farcry 5, Watchdogs 2 ) in full settings and full resolution..? Also, will it be future-proof for 3 yrs atleast ?

3) If I install the gfx card (any good card in 15k range), do i need to upgrade my PSU also ?

4) In order to support front Usb 3.0 port in Cabinet, motherboard should have that "F-USB 3.0" pins right ? If so, does the above recommended board has one ?
1. All prices are from mdcomputers. Amazon India has bad prices for PC components most of the times.
2. It isn't enough for gaming (newer games). If I were you, I'd get a much more powerful config for gaming (no budget constraints).
3. Yes, that PSU is for bare minimum systems. Good GPUs in 15k range would need a good >=550W PSU.
4. Yes, that mobo supports 2 front usb 3.1 ports.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

If your budget is tight and you are looking for having a gfx card in the system after 3-4 months:

1. Get 450w PSU instead of 350w (maybe Corsair VS 450w with 5 year warranty). The 450w can easily handle GTX 1050 Ti or even a GTX 1060.
2. I don't think Intel's G4560 is good enough to push very latest AAA titles (like Far Cry 5) on max at 1080p, however this is the best you can get at specified budget. You will still be able to have a decent gaming experience.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Thanks guys !..
Looks like I cannot get a decent PC within 20k budget.

After a long consideration, I'm planning to increase the budget to 35k.

I have now shortlisted for the below config.

Pentium G4560 - 4.4k fom vedant computers
Corsair Cx 450 - 3.3k from vedant computers (Considering the future gfx card)
CM Q300L cabinet - 3.2k from vedant computers
WD Blue 1TB - 2.85 k from vedant/amazon
Crucial 4GB DDR4 2400MHz (CT4G4DFS824A) ram - 3.36k from amazon
Keyboard + mouse - 0.71 k Amazon basics wired combo -- Already Ordered.

Total so far ==> 17.82k

# Confused on motherboard between Asrock H110M HDV R3.0 and Asrock B250M pro4 ... What is the difference between them..?
# Couldn't find the monitor Dell 2015H. Please suggest a monitor.
# In one of the post, saw the Cabinet Q300L and I literally couldn't resist it. (Incase of budget constraint again, will consider to drop it.)
# I need UPS and speakers as well :-(
# MdComputers.in is not accessible. Can you suggest any other similar site.? like vedant etc.

Please note that, I plan to install a good GFX card and multiple monitors after 6-8 months.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
If 35k is for now, I think you can look for a Ryzen system having 2200G or 2400G. @bssunilreddy or @SaiyanGoku can help from the overall specs perspective. Reason for getting 2200G or 2400G is that 1) Its better than G4560 in terms performance 2) Its a much better APU (GPU + CPU on a single die) which will let you play games @ 1080p until you get a dedicated graphics card.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
@Vineet Sharma, @SaiyanGoku and @bssunilreddy .. Thanks for your suggestions & guidance..

I have ordered the following components from MD computers today..

Circle Mid Tower CC821 cabinet – 2900
Intel G 4560 – 4195
Asrock H110m hdv r3. 0 – 3400
Crucial 4GB Ddr4 2400Mhz – 3060
Corsair CX450w – 3200
WD 1 TB blue – 2920
BenQ gw2270va - 6990
Shipping charges – 1198
Payment gateway charges – 557
Total = 28420

The shipping and gateway charges came as a surprise :-(.

Can you guys suggest a Ups (should be able to support the system for 10 mins under full load after adding the graphics card) .

Also, I want to add a wifi receiver. Which one would be more stable and better - pci card or dongle type ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usb wifi adapter is cheaper compared to pci-e ones not to mention once you install gfx card it will be very difficult to install any pci-e device(one slot will be covered by gfx card & if you install anything in other pci-e slot it will be very near & directly below the gfx card cooling fan).

For UPS get APC 600VA UPS(available for ~2.6k on amazon but try to get it from offline shop at similar or lower price if possible).

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Why did you spend ~3k on a circle cabinet?

I wanted a cabinet with transparent side panel. CMQ300L was out of stock in MD computers and costed more (3.25k).

Only Today I came across WD SSD 120GB Blue selling at 2.9k (same price of WD 1 TB blue).. I slightly now regret for missing it. :-|

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Usb wifi adapter is cheaper compared to pci-e ones not to mention once you install gfx card it will be very difficult to install any pci-e device(one slot will be covered by gfx card & if you install anything in other pci-e slot it will be very near & directly below the gfx card cooling fan).

For UPS get APC 600VA UPS(available for ~2.6k on amazon but try to get it from offline shop at similar or lower price if possible).

Okay :thumbs:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted a cabinet with transparent side panel. CMQ300L was out of stock in MD computers and costed more (3.25k).

Only Today I came across WD SSD 120GB Blue selling at 2.9k (same price of WD 1 TB blue).. I slightly now regret for missing it. :-|
Save money & later buy Samsung 860 Evo 250gb ssd from onlyssd.com for ~5700.It is a much better & faster ssd than WD green 120gb & the best in its class.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Hi guys..

Received and assembled the PC.
I have been using it for about a month.

* Performance for casual home use is awesome !!. It is able to handle video editing also smoothly. (using Wondershare filmora).
* Circle Cabinet is good in 'look-wise'; but average in quality-wise. The material feels flimsy. I have used CM 310 whose build quality was sturdy and heavy.
* No issues so far .. Happy about the purchase. Thanks to you guys. !! :thumbs:

Now, can you pls suggest me a good graphics card in 20k budget.??

I wish to play the following games in 1080p.

# Far Cry 4
# Battlefield 1
# Watch dogs
# GTA V

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi guys..

Received and assembled the PC.
I have been using it for about a month.

* Performance for casual home use is awesome !!. It is able to handle video editing also smoothly. (using Wondershare filmora).
* Circle Cabinet is good in 'look-wise'; but average in quality-wise. The material feels flimsy. I have used CM 310 whose build quality was sturdy and heavy.
* No issues so far .. Happy about the purchase. Thanks to you guys. !! :thumbs:

Now, can you pls suggest me a good graphics card in 20k budget.??

I wish to play the following games in 1080p.

# Far Cry 4
# Battlefield 1
# Watch dogs
# GTA V
Get this
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1050 TI 4GB GDDR5 (ZT-P10510A-10L)

Also buy 1 more 4GB RAM, 4GB is not enough if you are planning to game

Top Bottom