Budget Office PC

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
difference between antec vp-500pc and vp 450p?

None of them.. as they are of roughly same quality as VS450
either get Vs450 or get Vp550P v2

With office build "if you switch off main AC plug after shutting down pc" then

Average expected life ..

Vs450 will last you around 4 years
VP550P v2 around 6 years
Seasonic S12II 430 around 10 years

Choose according to your budget and how much do you want it to last..

and I hope you are not going to use it with UPS for long periods ? or don't have any power problems like fluctuations then avoid vs450 and at least get vp550p

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
None of them.. as they are of roughly same quality as VS450
either get Vs450 or get Vp550P v2

With office build "if you switch off main AC plug after shutting down pc" then

Average expected life ..

Vs450 will last you around 4 years
VP550P v2 around 6 years
Seasonic S12II 430 around 10 years

Choose according to your budget and how much do you want it to last..

and I hope you are not going to use it with UPS for long periods ? or don't have any power problems like fluctuations then avoid vs450 and at least get vp550p

vp550p is costly on amazon...

It will be on 12 hrs a day. sometimes 24x7.
I have pure sinewave inverter. always in 180-264v voltage input, complete protection.

currently a cx430 server (of Pentium g3240) is 24x7 on a since 1.5 years

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
vp550p is costly on amazon...

It will be on 12 hrs a day. sometimes 24x7.
I have pure sinewave inverter. always in 180-264v voltage input, complete protection.

currently a cx430 server (of Pentium g3240) is 24x7 on a since 1.5 years

you are going to get maximum return out of your investment from seasonic S12II 430 .. as it will last a very long time even with 24x7 usage around 7 years and has a 5 year warranty but upfront cost is high Rs 4750 on overclockerszone and may require a high VA capacity inverter to work correctly with inverter during power cuts.. otherwise

Cx430 Is available for Rs 3500 from hardwire.in

Buy Corsair CX 430 W Online | India

Also in stock on theitwares for 3650 but to me it isn't a good value at that price..

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
you are going to get maximum return out of your investment from seasonic S12II 430 .. as it will last a very long time even with 24x7 usage around 7 years and has a 5 year warranty but upfront cost is high Rs 4750 on overclockerszone and may require a high VA capacity inverter to work correctly with inverter during power cuts.. otherwise

Cx430 Is available for Rs 3500 from hardwire.in

Buy Corsair CX 430 W Online | India

Also in stock on theitwares for 3650 but to me it isn't a good value at that price..
What u said Is right...
I couldn't resist and bought Samsung 250 gb 850 evo. 5 year warranty.
Couldn't resist an bought a windowed cabinet just for the sake of bottom mount psu so that psu runs cool..

Now budget reached 30k :O
Should I try after gst for psu
Current situation:
It's like some war/ crysis / floods/draught coming ahed..

:ashamed::blush::banghead::aaargh:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
What u said Is right...
I couldn't resist and bought Samsung 250 gb 850 evo. 5 year warranty.
Couldn't resist an bought a windowed cabinet just for the sake of bottom mount psu so that psu runs cool..

Now budget reached 30k :O
Should I try after gst for psu
Current situation:
It's like some war/ crysis / floods/draught coming ahed..

:ashamed::blush::banghead::aaargh:

ohh you did good by buying that cabby., it will prolong the life of PSU.. but you could have bought G4560 at 5800 from primeabgb .. and put that 2k into PSU .. anyways that's done now ..

it's just the worst time to buy PC parts

-Ram and SSD prices are super high due to supply shortage
- g4560 supply shortage
- amd GPUs out of stock due to miners ..
- and the upcoming GST.. monitors will cost 10% more

Corsair still hasn't launched the new VS and Cx series in India inspite of being launched 6 months ago Western countries.. they hardly have left over stock left. I don't know why are they delaying it..

the new CX 450 now has a 5 year warranty ... so if they launch it next month that could be a good option for 3-3.5k..

S12II 430 here..

Seasonic S12II-430 S12II Series 430W Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification

but I hope you have a high "available" VA capacity inverter as seasonic demands higher VA UPS/inverter than other PSU's otherwise it is going to be a big headache ... and may overload inverter and turn off during switch overs.. minimum 800 VA available I think.

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
ohh you did good by buying that cabby., it will prolong the life of PSU.. but you could have bought G4560 at 5800 from primeabgb .. and put that 2k into PSU .. anyways that's done now ..

it's just the worst time to buy PC parts

-Ram and SSD prices are super high due to supply shortage
- g4560 supply shortage
- amd GPUs out of stock due to miners ..
- and the upcoming GST.. monitors will cost 10% more

Corsair still hasn't launched the new VS and Cx series in India inspite of being launched 6 months ago Western countries.. they hardly have left over stock left. I don't know why are they delaying it..

the new CX 450 now has a 5 year warranty ... so if they launch it next month that could be a good option for 3-3.5k..

S12II 430 here..

Seasonic S12II-430 S12II Series 430W Power Supply with 80+ Bronze Certification

but I hope you have a high "available" VA capacity inverter as seasonic demands higher VA UPS/inverter than other PSU's otherwise it is going to be a headache ... and may overload inverter and turn off during switch overs..

I have always bought things from eBay and amazon, FK only...never at the direct retail storefront's website...
They didnt list it over eBay :cry: I bought the case from overclockerszone on ebay with a coupon(GRAB3000FF)...

Isn't 1000va / 1 kva enough? its not like that seasonic's draw more power!

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
bought cx430 for 3.8k @ amazon
I have a cx430 that makes fan noise...if i do RMA would I get the new CX450 in future? or just a fan replacement?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
that was fast.. amazon fk are most of the times expeansive ..

1000va would have beem good if you dont have other pc or other high loads attached to it...

Seasonic compatibility with UPS is a well known tricky issue .. whether that is because of a high inrush current or seasonic's APFC design .. hard to say... My guess is they have higher inrush current compared to others as they use a higher capacity primary cap than others ... 600 and 650va ups usually have problems ( some work fine some not ) .. 800va and up seems to work fine...

seasonic isnt haswell ready so c6 c7 power statez not supported you can disable in bios and it will work fine with sleep mode..

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
and i can see antec vp550p at amazon for Rs 4200 .. this would have been a much much better buy than cx 430 at Rs 3800..
the slight issue is that it only has a 2 year warranty and if i am not wrong i think you have to send it to seller for rma .. but still this is of much higher quality and will last longer.. if this Psu receives proper airflow expect 4-5 years 24x7 usage..

i would say cancel cx 430 and buy vp550p v2 offline preferablu for easy returm if you require RMAjust in case , you can get it for 3800-4000 offline.. otherwise buy it from amaon..

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
and i can see antec vp550p at amazon for Rs 4200 .. this would have been a much much better buy than cx 430 at Rs 3800..
the slight issue is that it only has a 2 year warranty and if i am not wrong i think you have to send it to seller for rma .. but still this is of much higher quality and will last longer.. if this Psu receives proper airflow expect 4-5 years 24x7 usage..

i would say cancel cx 430 and buy vp550p v2 offline preferablu for easy returm if you require RMAjust in case , you can get it for 3800-4000 offline.. otherwise buy it from amaon..
I received the cx430 today...
The thing is, the part where the
psu top cover that fits into the bottom part came out on the side that is not visible when the fan is downwards(warranty seal intact) in transit (no visible damage on box)
Thinking of returning / to use that...

Got the proccy, mobo(was shocked to see no seal and the Anti Static Cover was already opened and called up the seller and he figured out that due to bios update it should have been opened...
booted up..ssd, ram, everything came.
tomorrow cabinet will arrive...

I see there was some cardboard dust on the intel heat-sink where the thermal paste is..Should I contact intel and tell them, previously they used to have a clear plastic hard cover at that part now they are going-green and used only cardboard...the sharp edges of the heat-sink rubbed against the cardboard to make small dust particles...
I installed one processor in a hurry and noticed afterwards when taking pics of the second build...(ordered parts for 2 builds)
should I remove, clean and apply new thermal paste? worried.

Will post pics soon!

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Found the Corsair cx430 making grinding noises and fan was struggling to rotate :cryeyesout:...its was only 6 hrs powered on for a memtest overnight. that too in a air-con room.
asked for a refund on amazon...

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
*i.imgur.com/WmUFBDa.jpg
*i.imgur.com/TEpkSnf.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9LWTMaV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/CQzeENm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/b3DLliz.jpg
Returned as fan was erratically working making noises, struggling to rotate...
*i.imgur.com/hvFFWnh.jpg
*i.imgur.com/IsOUiFT.jpg
Gorgeous Premium Front Look
*i.imgur.com/SK4dFo1.jpg
Green LED power and Yellow LED HDD...bad combination?
*i.imgur.com/gsBIEZm.jpg

Please help with the power supply, so confusing and no proper online store to buy safely without damage?
before I ordered from theitwares ebay and it came perfect with no damage...amazon always handles roughly

Top Bottom