Budget Laptop to be used mainly for Typing Legal Documents

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see,the non-windows/dos version model I posted has three usb 3.0 ports,may be some site typo as there should not be this much difference.In any case pentium n4200 is a better processor than celeron.

Found another link from Lenovo site:
Ideapad 320 - N4200 4GB RAM - Win 10 Home - 500GB HDD
It has 500gb hdd but showing win 10 & three usb 3.0 ports,really confusing.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Good then I will ask for this model only. Will be spending 5000 more. Thanks for the help.
Seems Lenovo is mixing various features and offering different models.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think coolermaster make some decent cooling pads,check FK & Amazon.However I don't think you would require it as these are lowest end processors with very less TDP(aka heat production). In a laptop biggest reasons for heating are processor & gfx card.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I copied some 30 GB data and the HDD temp went up to 49. Sister will be using it in non-ac environment many times so I thought of buying one. Will check the temp on Intel and then consider. Thanks for the help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I copied some 30 GB data and the HDD temp went up to 49. Sister will be using it in non-ac environment many times so I thought of buying one. Will check the temp on Intel and then consider. Thanks for the help.
You can't really cool down a HDD using a "cooling pad" in laptops. There are no vents near HDDs so it is better to not waste money on such pads.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HDD temp around 45C is acceptable in Indian summer but 49C is a bit high.It should not happen in a reasonably cooled room & definitely not in an AC room.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't really cool down a HDD using a "cooling pad" in laptops. There are no vents near HDDs so it is better to not waste money on such pads.
Actually it can be done indirectly.Since entire laptop has only 1 exhaust vent so lowering the temps around that vent automatically increases the rate of heat dissipation from inside laptop thus cooling hdd too.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Ac is not running and it goes up, once even 50 when crystaldisk beeped. It was during copy process from laptop HDD to wd 4tb external drive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen such temps for laptop hdd when it was used in a room on top floor with only a ceiling fan in summer.Once the room was fitted with a water cooler/evaporative cooler,the temps are below 45 for most of the time.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
We are at ground floor with no direct sun. I got worried as sister will be using it on top floor.
Temp got down when copy process completed. It went up to 50 for wd 4tb when extended test was running on it after some 30 minutes or so.

Top Bottom