Budget Laptop to be used mainly for Typing Legal Documents

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Looking for a Budget Laptop to be used mainly for Typing Legal Documents and Email
Maximum Budget : INR20000/- (Can not increase, lower will be better)

I have checked various models and found out that most of them are 10Inch models which the buyer feels is too small so looking for something bigger.

Assembling a PC is not an option.

Found this deal while searching something else
Ranked as No 1 Best IT Distributor in India-Rashi Peripherals

is it ok to get this one?

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just search for laptops priced below 20k in amazon & you will see some 15.6"/14" options.Do note that at this price expect low build quality.Also many recent models won't be supporting win 7,only win 8.1 &/or 10.Only go with intel processor & 4gb ram even if you have to buy 2gb extra(not all 4gb ram models are as good as some 2gb ram models).

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-80T70015IH-15...1520334470&sr=1-6&refinements=p_36:7252028031
Reviews are mixed so won't suggest it without checking it out personally at some showroom.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Looking for a Budget Laptop to be used mainly for Typing Legal Documents and Email
Maximum Budget : INR20000/- (Can not increase, lower will be better)

I have checked various models and found out that most of them are 10Inch models which the buyer feels is too small so looking for something bigger.

Assembling a PC is not an option.

Found this deal while searching something else
Ranked as No 1 Best IT Distributor in India-Rashi Peripherals

is it ok to get this one?

Thanks.
*www.amazon.in/Acer-NX-GNTSI-004-15...ry-21&linkId=e04755673802236e3376916961796986

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Just search for laptops priced below 20k in amazon & you will see some 15.6"/14" options.Do note that at this price expect low build quality.Also many recent models won't be supporting win 7,only win 8.1 &/or 10.Only go with intel processor & 4gb ram even if you have to buy 2gb extra(not all 4gb ram models are as good as some 2gb ram models).

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-80T70015IH-15-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B01LKXGKWM/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1520334470&sr=1-6&refinements=p_36:7252028031
Reviews are mixed so won't suggest it without checking it out personally at some showroom.

thanks buddy. I will be going out to check in the local market. any specific brand which I should look first or some order?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this price range just go for the laptop with max extended warranty & ADP(accidental damage protection) at cheapest rate(usually Asus has better such offers but in this price range there are no models). Avoid micromax,iball,chromebook(whichever brand).

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Lenovo Ideapad 320 AMD E2-9000 RADEON R2 7TH GEN/4GB/1 TB/15.6"/WIN10/No Bag/Black *www.amazon.in/dp/B076HL1FRV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jjJOAbPV3D54B
Getting this model in local market for 21000

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't take it otherwise but why did you went for an AMD model even after I specifically mentioned to go only with intel processor.E2-9000 processor is inferior in every way to Pentium 3710.Frankly speaking I think you got conned by the sales person.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I completely forgot that suggestion. Nowadays I am passing through a very difficult phase and its that effect. I am so sorry dear.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No problem but if there is any way you can get it replaced by a intel version from lenovo then it would be great else just chalk it up to a case of bad luck.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Need to check that as it was bought from a multibrand vendor and also the registration process for ADP and extended warranty has already started.
I felt the need to have some IM or call feature on the forum while I was looking for models. I posted the link but then no one was online then. Thanks for the help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are getting ADP & Extended warranty for cheap then I guess its a plus point but then you might have gotten the same with intel model too as both are from Lenovo.Just for future reference,by default Intel is the king of laptop as well as desktop processors & only in exceptional/rare cases do AMD processors make sense(e.g.AMD latest Ryzen processors are better but there are no Ryzen mobile processor laptops in India). Before Ryzen there was no need to even ask as Intel offered best options in all budget ranges except for some very specific core hungry server like scenarios.I have seen laptop showroom people(especially multibrand) aggressively marketing AMD laptops probably because of higher margins but I rarely see AMD models being promoted so much at brand exclusive stores.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks for the info. at present lenovo offline purchase back to school offer is 2 years extended warranty for 1999 + Canon Wi-Fi printer at Rs 1499/-
I asked for Intel one but it was not there and in the brand showroom it was offered at 23600 while amd at 23300. one vendor asked for 21k and the other said 20k. i bought it as i recalled some discussions in threads here regarding PC build suggesting AMD. anyways, I will try to contact lenovo cc regarding change on monday.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nowadays all recommendations you see for AMD are for their Ryzen processors & in India only desktop Ryzen processors are available,no ryzen mobile laptop processors in India till now.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i am out of touch for quite some time due to family issues so did not had the idea. the discussions i saw was months back as i have not visited the forum much recently. thanks for the help.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
IdeaPad 320 - N3350 Win 10 4GB 1TB HDD (Onyx Black)
*www.shoplenovo.co.in/ideapad-320-n4200-4gb-ram-win-10-1tb-hdd-80xr0134in.htm
Had a talk with the shop person and have asked him to change. According to him Intel quad core will cost around 25k. Checked and found above two models.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Celeron N3350 is a dual core processor while Pentium N4200 is a quad core processor which is definitely better.Quad core n4200 model also has 3 usb 3.0 ports while n3350 processor model only has 1 usb 3.0 port & 1 usb 2.0 port.However on lenovo shopping site I am only seeing the non-windows version of n4200 processor model with a different link(your posted link saying windows version is giving 404 not found error).
Ideapad 320 - N4200 4GB RAM - DOS - 1TB HDD
If you are indeed getting n4200 processor model with original genuine win 10 for 25k then it is fine(don't forget to redeem ADP offer as per their site).

Top Bottom