MogulKahn

Right off the assembly line
hi guyz,
i was looking to buy a new laptop, my older one died after bearing intense workload from me for 6 years

i am conservative about few things:
1) atleast 1.7 GHz +
2) 1 GB ram or more
3) keyboard without the right side numpad
4) under 30k, preferably nearabout 25k
5) preferable DOS (as OS costs more money, i will be using pirated copy)
6) must be able to run smoothly cs 1.6, dota(defense of ancients), nfs mw(2005)
7) no heating issues even under intense gaming
8) must have high durability, as i intend to use it for atleast 5+ years, for 12+ hours daily
9) must play HD videos
10) if possible from HP, as my last one was hp too and it was quite durable

as you see my requirements are quite modest except durability part, so i intend to spend very less and carefully
any help will be appreciated.

also if someone has HP G6 1318ax please review it, this sort of laptop exactly matches my requirements except heating and durability

thanks

more details:
on an average day, i will be downloading from bittorrent for 6 hours, playing mentioned games from 2-6 hours, watching a movie every day(vlc player), browsing net for 1-2 hours(mozilla firefox), rest all other tasks are minimalistic

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
This one. you can get it locally for 32k...and the games you have mentioned, this laptop with play it on IGP without any sweat. best VFM laptop.

check out this two reviews, First and second one.

Naxal

Little Kid
This one. you can get it locally for 32k...and the games you have mentioned, this laptop with play it on IGP without any sweat. best VFM laptop.

check out this two reviews, First and second one.

I too would vote for the AMD A8 based HP option

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

In FlipKart they are offering a free cooling pad also with it so at 34k (though you are paying 4k extra over you budget), you are getting a really powerful gaming notebook along with a cooling pad of cooler master to support your long running needs.

OP
M

MogulKahn

@RON28 and @Naxal
thanks for your valuable suggestions, but 2005ax is way above my budget as also i don't require such high configration as my day to day tasks or games are modest so it might be waste of resources (i might be able to tap only 10% of its potential), moreover i don't like its keyboard(i hate numpads, they reduce area for other buttons and i have large fingers), also i doubt its durability as its AMD (very few amd's last more than 3 years), i also read somewhere that the crossfire may backfire for some games (especially old ones, like the games i play).

concluding, the machine looks promising but budget and resource wise is way over my budget, moreover it might not last long

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
also i doubt its durability as its AMD (very few amd's last more than 3 years)

its AMD so it'll blow up in a few years? that what you mean? what about the intel based laptops that come with AMD GPUs?

i also read somewhere that the crossfire may backfire for some games (especially old ones, like the games i play).

Crossfire won't work on the games you listed. Crossfire work only in DX11 games.

OP
M

MogulKahn

its AMD so it'll blow up in a few years? that what you mean? what about the intel based laptops that come with AMD GPUs?

Crossfire won't work on the games you listed. Crossfire work only in DX11 games.

yea, i have seen/heard many amds going super hot and getting burned, and none intel processor yet (in my circle), please dont be offended.
also i see this processor has some potential, it is reportedly cooler than previous amds, but im still skeptical.

keeping it short, this laptop doesnt work for me, please suggest some other laptop.

can i rely on llano processors? as in g6 1318ax. also if crossfire wont work for my games then will it hinder the game performance too? or the games will run smooth?

rider

as Kratos

90% normal people see AMD as cheap and pathetic product.
eww!! it has AMD Radeon how cheap, can't you spend on famous nvidia.
The best way to answer is telling them even expensive Apple macs comes with this sh1t. :rofl:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yea, i have seen/heard many amds going super hot and getting burned, and none intel processor yet (in my circle), please dont be offended.

where have your heard this kind of news? or seen? Phenom II X4/X6 (desktop processor) gets hot and so does Core i7 2600/2700 (desktop processor) if you load them when using the crap shipped cooler. And it was true that AMD Turion or Turion II used to get abnormally hot but A-series doesn't.

keeping it short, this laptop doesnt work for me, please suggest some other laptop.
can i rely on llano processors? as in g6 1318ax. also if crossfire wont work for my games then will it hinder the game performance too? or the games will run smooth?

Llano A4 performance is same as Pentium Dual Core at best. And the fusion GPU's performance is nothing better than Intel graphics. And moreover cfx is even more unreliable in Llano. Only strong point is the dedicated HD7450. Instead wait for affordable 3rd gen Core i3 based laptop or AMD A6 4400M based laptops. Should cost ~27-28k.

OP
M

MogulKahn

where have your heard this kind of news? or seen? Phenom II X4/X6 (desktop processor) gets hot and so does Core i7 2600/2700 (desktop processor) if you load them when using the crap shipped cooler. And it was true that AMD Turion or Turion II used to get abnormally hot but A-series doesn't.

Llano A4 performance is same as Pentium Dual Core at best. And the fusion GPU's performance is nothing better than Intel graphics. And moreover cfx is even more unreliable in Llano. Only strong point is the dedicated HD7450. Instead wait for affordable 3rd gen Core i3 based laptop or AMD A6 4400M based laptops. Should cost ~27-28k.

i am not here to argue anything, so won't comment further on it, i really dont want intel vs amd debate

the second machine suggested by you, the amd a6 one looks promising and affordable as well, when can we expect it?

also i did some more research, what do u guyz think about these laptops:
1) Samsung NP300E4Z-A06IN 2nd PDC /2GB /320GB /DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
2) HP ProBook 4430s( With Integrated HP Fingerprint Sensor) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
3) Sony VAIO E Series SVE15113EN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook

samsung one is quite cheaper, can it suffice my needs? also it doesnt contains virtualization, will that be a problem?
probook and sony look very attractive as well as powerful, any cons?
please help, thanks

p.s. i would have bought the 2005ax, if they had another similar version without the junk accessories and one graphics card and if it costed around 27k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
samsung one is quite cheaper, can it suffice my needs? also it doesnt contains virtualization, will that be a problem?
probook and sony look very attractive as well as powerful, any cons?
please help, thanks

p.s. i would have bought the 2005ax, if they had another similar version without the junk accessories and one graphics card and if it costed around 27k

for your current needs it'll but it can't handle current games. no 2nd gen processor based graphics can handle present games. You'll need HD4000 for that so think about it before spending the amount.
The samsung A6 dual core is listed coming soon so maybe it is available locally as FK takes sometime to list products but as it includes Windows too, may cost close to 30k which i deem as high.

Also the HP model cost 32k locally without as many have bought it for that price any of the extra accessories and just bag. Also the discrete GPU is sufficiently fast to handle games for 2-3yrs more so forget crossfire all together. Or simply use the integrated GPU to play the games keeping laptop cool and switch to discrete GPU when playing demanding games connecting it to mains.

OP
M

MogulKahn

for your current needs it'll but it can't handle current games. no 2nd gen processor based graphics can handle present games. You'll need HD4000 for that so think about it before spending the amount.
The samsung A6 dual core is listed coming soon so maybe it is available locally as FK takes sometime to list products but as it includes Windows too, may cost close to 30k which i deem as high.

Also the HP model cost 32k locally without as many have bought it for that price any of the extra accessories and just bag. Also the discrete GPU is sufficiently fast to handle games for 2-3yrs more so forget crossfire all together. Or simply use the integrated GPU to play the games keeping laptop cool and switch to discrete GPU when playing demanding games connecting it to mains.

but sir, i dont intend to play any current games (i am working professional, dont have time to try new games), i play team games as i mentioned in my 1st post(that too only 3 - cs, dota, nfs mw 2005), my only concern about samsung is virtualization, blue ray compatibility(HD), and durability.
if these games work smoothly, HD video run smoothly and no heat issues then i think i have found my laptop, what do you think?
or should i go for the i3 2nd generations?
i live in sort of rural/urban area so no hp stores here, will wait for sometime for flipkart though, if they get a6, hopefully under 30k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but sir, i dont intend to play any current games (i am working professional, dont have time to try new games), i play team games as i mentioned in my 1st post(that too only 3 - cs, dota, nfs mw 2005), my only concern about samsung is virtualization, blue ray compatibility(HD), and durability.

Intel® Pentium® Processor B940. This processor doesn't support virtualization so rest of the Pentium Dual Core too doesn't support this. But Core i3 does.

if these games work smoothly, HD video run smoothly and no heat issues then i think i have found my laptop, what do you think?

blueray will be handled easily by 2nd gen PDC.

i live in sort of rural/urban area so no hp stores here, will wait for sometime for flipkart though, if they get a6, hopefully under 30k

wait for the samsung if you can. it should cost less than 30k as current ones with 1st gen APU cost only 26k with same Windows 7 Premium OS. So expected pricing is 28k or less.

OP
M

MogulKahn

Intel® Pentium® Processor B940. This processor doesn't support virtualization so rest of the Pentium Dual Core too doesn't support this. But Core i3 does.

blueray will be handled easily by 2nd gen PDC.

wait for the samsung if you can. it should cost less than 30k as current ones with 1st gen APU cost only 26k with same Windows 7 Premium OS. So expected pricing is 28k or less.
ok, i will wait.
thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Top Bottom