Budget Gaming PC <25 K

pgmadhav

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Games:Call of duty(latest versions), crysis, GTA IV (Low Or Med Settings) Applications: Photoshop CS4,Office 2010. Internet:Watching HD Videos,Skype. Multimedia:Watching HD movies,DVD's.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too. Ans:15-20 K
3. Planning to overclock? Ans: only if possible in my budget
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use? Ans: Win 7 x86 or x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed? Ans: 1 TB (I already have WD GREEN 1 TB)
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have. Ans: I Have Philips 191EW9FB/94 19'' and want to reuse it.
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing? Ans:Chasis, SMPS,Speakers and Monitor is the component i DON'T want to buy.I have HCL Infiniti desktop and i want ti use its Chasis.

8. When are you planning to buy the system? Ans:By the end of this week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? Ans: Myself.
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Vizag, A.P..Yes willing to buy on-line if the price of the component is less from the local store.
11. Anything else which you would like to say? Ans:The system must be such that both MoBo and GPU don't bottleneck each other.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61 s1 - 3k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.6k
hd 7750 - 6.3k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec bp300p - 1.8k
logitech k/b and mouse -0.7k

OP
P

pgmadhav

Broken In
Sorry!!
I forgot to mention, i live in Visakhapatnam, which is known for high humidity and temprature throughout year

OP
P

pgmadhav

Broken In
pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61 s1 - 3k
hd 7750 - 6.3k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec bp300p - 1.8k

Thank you for the Super quick reply
May I ask have u considered Vizag climate for this and can there be a cheaper config in AMD for this with same factors

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Budget Gaming PC &lt;25 K

May I ask have u considered Vizag climate for this and can there be a cheaper config in AMD for this with same factors

the bundled cooler will be enough. you just check after buying. if it still gets too hot, get a cheaper after market cooler like antec a20 or cooler master hyper 212 evo.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you also suggest a decent External TV tuner

no idea .. let other members suggest it you ...

Vish2a9l

Journeyman

I live in chennai and chennais climate is worker than vizags and I don't use a cooler either..don't see a reason why you should be worried about that.

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Yep, it's just a cabinet..rather, bad one..nevermind.

Anyway, you don't have to worry about the temps. It won't be an issue.
Rather invest on some parts.

pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61 s1 - 3k
hd 7750 - 6.3k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec bp300p - 1.8k

OP already has a WD Green 1TB HD . Spend that money on HD 7770 and get a better PSU:- Antec VP450P as it need more power

Shiva

OP
P

pgmadhav

Broken In
Also suggest the option of asus Mobo p8h61, i couldn't understand the comparison at following link
ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS Details vs GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV(R2.0) Details - Motherboar...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Budget Gaming PC &amp;lt;25 K

OP already has a WD Green 1TB HD . Spend that money on HD 7770 and get a better PSU:- Antec VP450P as it need more power

Shiva

How much hard drive space is needed? Ans: 1 TB
i had to suggest a hdd for this answer by op.

- - - Updated - - -

Also suggest the option of asus Mobo p8h61, i couldn't understand the comparison at following link
ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS Details vs GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV(R2.0) Details - Motherboar...

better you get gigabyte h61m d2h.

- - - Updated - - -

Will it be of some use if i replace g2020 with I3

get i3 + hd 7770 if possible ...

pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61 s1 - 3k
hd 7750 - 6.3k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
antec bp300p - 1.8k

Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) is for 3.5k on flipkart..is it available at 2.6k outside ?

Top Bottom