Budget gaming Laptop

hellscream666

Broken In
Hi Guys, looking for a semi budget gaming laptop. I primarily play mmorpgs and single player games

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Around 70,000 to 80,000/-

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, movies, parallel applications running with skype etc

4) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
Something with a good mobile gpu as well , currently using 840m..yea i know :S

5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Please no HP , god NO

6) Anything else you would like to say?

From Bangalorre (any retail outlets here would be ok)
Online (the usual suspects)

Thanks in advance !

- - - Updated - - -

One model I found : Buy MSI GL62 6QF Gaming Laptop. Smc Internationa

fits the budget , looks decent ... just wanted to check if it is a reliable source or not

Any help will be appreciated :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions so far ....decided not to buy one after all

- - - Updated - - -

mods please assist in closing this thread , Thank you

and please redirect me to where there are helpful people

OP
H

hellscream666

Broken In
One of Dell's 7559 model has 960m. Try to get it for around 60k. (800$ USA Price)

Thank you , checked it out already but with shipping and import etc, it will come to around the same price . Also no one is kind of coming from there so hard to get it in without the duties

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
A forum member has bought the dell Dell 7559 laptop from Paytm with 10k cashback. He has posted a review too on the forum. check it out. P.S MSI after sales service is bad AFAIK.

OP
H

hellscream666

Broken In
A forum member has bought the dell Dell 7559 laptop from Paytm with 10k cashback. He has posted a review too on the forum. check it out. P.S MSI after sales service is bad AFAIK.

Thank you !

The after sales for MSI is an issue , from what I have found so far, not even a slightly positive review about the same , which is depressing lol

Yes , checked the same but that model is currently not available in paytm now :(

Also more than the GPU was considering a decent cpu as well since I am more into MMOs. Since the older i7 4710HQ is supposed to have much better single thread processing , a bit confused as to whether to go for it or stick to i5 6300hq

Currently torn between going for these 2 models below :

Dell inspiron 15 7000 series laptop performance online Indi

OR

Lenovo Y50-70 Core i7-4710HQ 2.5G - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/8 GB SSD/Windows 10/4 GB Graphics) Ultrabook 59-445565 Rs.83990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Y50-70 Core i7-4710HQ 2.5G - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/8 GB SSD/Windows 10/4 GB Graphics) Ultrabook 59-445565 Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Lenovo Y50 has build quality issues. 2 of my friends had the hinge changed after a year of usage( they got 2 years warranty & their laptop has GTX860M)

I own Dell 7559. From my research i can say that i5 6300HQ = i7 3630QM. So basically Y50 has better CPU but that i5 is sufficient for all present & future games that GTX960M can handle. Also Dell has a SSD slot + cooling in the price (Even better than Asus GL552VW.... These conclusions are based on my perssonal experience & reviews published online). Also Dell gives better battery life

There's a offer going on with which you can get 2 years additional warranty for 1.5k. I'll strongly suggest you to get it.

Check my review:
*forum.digit.in/reviews/197486-dell-inspiron-7559-dells-entry-into-gaming-segment.html

Still there's 10k cashback in paytm, you can get it for 77k effectively
Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

For a better laptop, you can buy Asus GL552VW at 80k effective price
Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

OP
H

hellscream666

Broken In
Thanks for the inputs, I ordered the Asus one from Paytm on 16th , and now get a message in Whatsapp from the Seller to cancel that order coz they dont have the item in stock lol

Some trusted sellers in there

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Does anyone here know if Dell still provides international warranty? If I were to get the Dell 7559 from US, can the warranty be transferred? (It used to, in the past)

hitesh

In the zone
Does anyone here know if Dell still provides international warranty? If I were to get the Dell 7559 from US, can the warranty be transferred? (It used to, in the past)

You can get International warranty by the Ownership transfer process
(Talking about UK; Can't say about US)

Top Bottom