Budget 40 Inch LED TV

dr_sage

Broken In
I am in the market for a budget 40 inch LED TV for my Living room. I already have a Samsung 32 inch LED TV bought in 2010. I was interested in the TOSHIBA Thinking LED 40 PU200 which is available for quite a steal. The picture quality is amazing. It comes with a separate with 20 watts sound bar. It has 2 HDMI ports and a USB which plays 28 video formats. Any suggestions or advice?
*www.flipkart.com/toshiba-40pu200-led-40-inches-full-hd-television/p/itmdd2ndyyg22fbs

Last edited:
OP
D

dr_sage

Broken In
looks good and within budget..but have u checked the reviews on it?
Only the user reviews available on flipkart and another online forum. In fact the same model in 32 inches has received rave reviews on flipkart.
Toshiba 32PU200 LED 32 inches Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

Minion

Conversation Architect
Add 2k more and get Toshiba 40ps20
link
Toshiba 40ps20 LED 40 inches Full HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

OP
D

dr_sage

Broken In
Add 2k more and get Toshiba 40ps20
link
Toshiba 40ps20 LED 40 inches Full HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com
If i am not wrong, PS20 is powered by POWER META BRAIN engine while the latest 2012 Thinking LED series Toshiba PU200, PS200 and PX200 Power TVs are powered by the REGZA ENGINE.

85 views and only 2 replies. Guess Toshiba isn't a flavor on this forum. Come on forum help me out here.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
They Both uses same engine
for your reference
*www.toshibamea.com/Categories/3313/LED_TV/3316?pageid=3313#&panel1-1

OP
D

dr_sage

Broken In
They Both uses same engine
for your reference
Toshiba Middle East | Audio Visual | LED TV

Of-course you are referring to the PS200 which is Edge-lit with 3 HDMI ports. PU200 is LED Back-lit with 2 HDMI ports. Both are powered by REGZA ENGINE. PS20, i guess was released in late 2011 is powered by a different picture engine. Btw Minion is it true that Back-lit offer better PQ and SQ than Edge lit?

aroraanant

Explorer
Why you opting for Toshiba, check out Samsung 40EH5000, that is a 2012 model so as the company has discontinued it you will be able to get for around 46k only but for that you should be good at bargaining.
Apart from that do check out Samsung 40F5100 as well.
See you will be spending above 40k in Toshiba also but the PQ you will get will not be good and also it has got really bad looks, so spending 40k on it is not worth.

OP
D

dr_sage

Broken In
Why you opting for Toshiba, check out Samsung 40EH5000, that is a 2012 model so as the company has discontinued it you will be able to get for around 46k only but for that you should be good at bargaining.
Apart from that do check out Samsung 40F5100 as well.
See you will be spending above 40k in Toshiba also but the PQ you will get will not be good and also it has got really bad looks, so spending 40k on it is not worth.
That's the steal. The Toshiba is available online for 37K with 3 year Manufacture warranty. As you rightly pointed out Samsung 40EH5000 is a 2011-12 model while Toshiba is a 2012-13 model.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Of-course you are referring to the PS200 which is Edge-lit with 3 HDMI ports. PU200 is LED Back-lit with 2 HDMI ports. Both are powered by REGZA ENGINE. PS20, i guess was released in late 2011 is powered by a different picture engine. Btw Minion is it true that Back-lit offer better PQ and SQ than Edge lit?

Backlit tvs have littlebit more depth so tv manufacture can put better speakers backlit models generally have better uniformity over edge lit tvs.

I was confused between ps20 and ps200 sorry for confusing you

OP
D

dr_sage

Broken In
Backlit tvs have littlebit more depth so tv manufacture can put better speakers backlit models generally have better uniformity over edge lit tvs.

I was confused between ps20 and ps200 sorry for confusing you

So which would you recommend Backlit or Edge lit? I just found this link

LED TV Reviews – Best LED TVs by Samsung, LG, etc.

But still did you find its PQ to be good?

IMHO PQ and SQ are definitely better than Samsung or LG and almost at par with Sony!

Top Bottom