BSoD win 7

prathmesh

Broken In
Hi,
I just recently assembled a new Desktop myself, with help of this site.
My rig is
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop internal hd
Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical drive
MSI ZH77A-G41 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3470
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x4gb)
corsair gs600

I installed win 7 ultimate and all the drivers given with the hardware.
yesterday I installed max payne 3, I got the BSoD
Its not even a week old my system and it is showing BSoD :( Also I have experienced BSod before installing Max payne twice , but now it is more fequently coming.
I know this is a problem having multitudes of threads already; but here I could get inputs on my specific rig.
Please help.

gameranand

Living to Play
Hmm.....Check the RAM if they are are properly inserted. Also see the temps of the components and see if anyone of them is showing abnormal behavior. Sometimes its problem of Windows so you also try re-installing your OS.

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
Hmm.....Check the RAM if they are are properly inserted. Also see the temps of the components and see if anyone of them is showing abnormal behavior. Sometimes its problem of Windows so you also try re-installing your OS.

The Ram part i will check , but I dont think temp is problem, as once it happened when my pc was idle also have played skyrim at full graphics for 3 hours continuously and nothing happened.

So I removed the rams and put them back into the slot. And a different prob has started now. My PC wont boot now. the psu starts and stops and restarts, cabinet fan also does the same along with it. But my CPU fan also starts and stops and restarts but its out of sinc from the other ie it starts when the have stopped and stops when the others start. I unplugged my graphics card thinking it was a power problem, but nothing changed. What could be the problem now?

gameranand

Living to Play
I faced the same issue with my previous RIG and found out that RAM was the one doing. Are you sure that RAM are inserted in correct slots. I mean there must be a mention a mention in Motherboard manual about the ports which you have to use for Dual channel, usually its 2nd and 4th port of the MOBO.

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
I faced the same issue with my previous RIG and found out that RAM was the one doing. Are you sure that RAM are inserted in correct slots. I mean there must be a mention a mention in Motherboard manual about the ports which you have to use for Dual channel, usually its 2nd and 4th port of the MOBO.

So yes you were right my RAM was not inserted properly.
My comp works now. But the BSod pros still there. comp goes in to restart loop then I have to restore it to a previos point. Max payne 3 installaion causes it always. The error is as follows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88000EE34D9
BCP3: FFFFF880031D8C08
BCP4: FFFFF880031D8460
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

gameranand

Living to Play
Try reinstallation of OS and then try to find out which software is causing this. This is just Max Payne or anything else that is messing up.

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
YUp, formatting is the last resort. And Max payne 3 installation does cause it every time. But many times unrelated to payne, which is not installed in my pc right now. When I start my pc it goes in to a restart loop with the BSOD coming just before explorer opens. I used debugging tools for windows and found this file to be suspicious : VIA_USB_SER.sys, its a driver actually . On google there is not much info about it. WAs thinking I should just delete it. Hope it solves the problem and i can play MP3 :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you already stated that you are ready for Reinstall so see if deleting that file cures the problem, if something happens wrong then you are already prepared for OS reinstall anyway. :)

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
actually there was an option to disable that driver which I did. Its been one day since and not one Bsod has come yet. Thanks anand for your valuable inputs. Have your fingers crossed for me. ;)

Top Bottom