BSOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys yesterday my PC stopped responding suddenly wen i was connected to net and now wenever i try to start my PC,the PC keeps restarting after showing me a BSOD.

The BSOD screen says this:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your Computer.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Technical Information:
* * * STOP: 0X000000c2 (0X00000043, 0xc515c000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I hv tested my 256 MB DDR(266) SD RAM (Hynix) onto other mobo and it works fine so there is no problem with the RAm module.

Today i tried to FORMAT my HDD so as to reinstall a fresh copy of WIN XP PROFESSIONAL. The PC boots from the CD and wen the message " INSTALLING WINDOWS" appears, i again get the same BSOD and the PC restarts.

I cant even use the PC in SAFE MODE as the same BSOD appears after sumtime). I also tried to connect only my HDD (removing the DVD and CD ROM drive) but still the problem persists.

I tried to use the PC in LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION as well as START WINDOWS NORMALLY, but the same BSOD.

Sumtimes at the bottom of the BSOD screen the messege appears (along with the BAD_POOL_CALLER tat beginning physical dump of memory) but still my RAM is workin fine on other motherboards.. ??

Im in total confusion,hv tried everything so atlast u guys are my only hope.. plz help guys.. :(

My power supply is working fine (as the fan is working in the SMPS), also the Heat sink fan is working but wat is the problem i dont seem to understand. i even tried to remove and rensert the CMOS battery but same BSOD :(

Please Techies,Gurus help me... as soon as possible (my exams are near)

Cheers n e-peace....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i did some googling and found that this type of error is mostly due to a faulty device driver .. u can check the link below to find out which driver is faulty ,

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314492

also look at these ,

*www.microsoft.com/resources/docume...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_czgw.asp

*kindel.com/blogs/charlie/archive/2004/05/26/282.aspx

to resolve the prob read here,

*www.microsoft.com/resources/docume...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_czgw.asp

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanx for the reply Mohit :) really thanx. But i cannot see the startup screen (coz of the BSOD) so how will i solve the problem buddy.. ??? :(

I cant even use the system using the SAFE MODE also...(coz of the same BSOD)
Any other techies tat can help me plz....:( im in serious need of the solution guys...
Wat shud i do?? I think i hv mentioned abt all the situations tat i hv tried in my 1st post.. So i really cant go and access any files of my system coz the system jus shows the BSOD and restarts again and again...

I cant even Format the HDD or Repair the WIN XP installation coz the same BSOD screen pops up again and again...

prakash_kerala wrote:
BSOD is free with M$ OSs
Sorry to be harsh but im in no mood for idiotic jokes buddy...I hv my engineering 3rd year exams coming up from 29th Nov,2005 so if u mind telling me the solution then its really grateful else plz stop posting here...

Please help guys...techies wat shud i do... :(

cheers n e-peace

rachitar

Journeyman
I assume you have Win XP
During the boot press F8
You will get some choices,go to Automatic System Restart,disable it
The problem is due to some faulty driver
Disconnect all devices from the motherboard except HDD,RAM and Processor(not trying to be funny :) )
You should not get BSOD now hopefully
Now connect the devices one by one and reinstall the drivers for them
If you devices like LAN card etc are onboard,disable them(sorry i dont know how to disable from DOS but in WinXP right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager and manually disable them) and the reinstall the drivers and enabling them one by one
Mostly it looks like a LAN card problem,did you try to change your MAC Address?
If so,revert to the original one or/and reinstall the drivers
And prakash kerala grow up

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanx rachitar, alot :) but buddy i tried the option wat u said to me( i connected my HDD and tried to boot) . but still the same results.. :(

I dnt hv a LAN card but yes i do hv an ADSL ROUTER wich i use for MTNL BROADBAND (wic i hv Disconnected while starting my PC atleast for this problem)
I do hv an nVIDIA Ge Force FX 5200 (256 MB ) AGP card. The problem still persists.. plz help guys..
Rachitar wrote
you devices like LAN card etc are onboard,disable them(sorry i dont know how to disable from DOS but in WinXP right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager and manually disable them) and the reinstall the drivers and enabling them one by one
Mostly it looks like a LAN card problem,did you try to change your MAC Address?
If so,revert to the original one or/and reinstall the drivers
Buddy i cant even see the desktop screen (from where we access the files) i can only see tat WIN XP is starting and then this BSOD comes :( so there is no chance tat i will get to the screen from where i can access the files :(:(

But I will try ur method once again..hope it works this time.. :)

Cheers n e-peace...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
umm try one thing .. as suggested disconnect all the onboard devices and leave them to the bare minimum .. try installing win 98 se and then upgrade it to xp .. i hope it helps. and get all the latest drivers and bios updates .. just give it a shot .. maybe it will work.

Tech&ME

Banned
mohit said:
umm try one thing .. as suggested disconnect all the onboard devices and leave them to the bare minimum .. try installing win 98 se and then upgrade it to xp .. i hope it helps. and get all the latest drivers and bios updates .. just give it a shot .. maybe it will work.

I solved a similar problem yesterday on my neighbour's PC.

The Solution :

Pre-requisite : REMOVE ALL THE DEVICES WHICH ARE NORMALLY NOT NEEDED TO START YOUR COMPUTER, FOR EXAMPLE CD ROM DRIVE, AGP CARD, MODEM (EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL), PCI SLOT DEVICES.

Step 1: Remove the RAM from your computer motherboard.

Step 2: clean it with soft cloth or brush (do not touch the electronic chips and mainly the pins)

Step 3: If you have more then one RAM module, put back only one and remember to change the slot. That is if you removed RAM 1 from slot 1 then put back the RAM 1 on slot 2 . (refer your mobo manual for the correct slot )

Step 4: ensure that the RAM is locked properly into the slot (in which ever slot you put it)

Step 5: Now connect the devices that you had removed or disconnect from main and SMPS.

Step 6: Re-start Windows XP. U should be able to start windows normally.

If the problem presist. Do this:

Repeat the above steps and this time change the RAM (u can borrow a ram module from your friend if required, but should match with your mobo requirements or you will fry your mobo)

If the problem presist. Do this:

Repeat all the above steps but this time change the slot or the RAM. that is put the NEW BORROWED RAM on the other slot and see if the problem presist.

IF NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. INSERT KNOPIX LINUX LIVE CD IN YOUR CD ROM DRIVE AND TRY TO START YOUR COMPUTER (configure BIOS to boot from CD). IF KNOPPIX LOADS CORRECTLY. YOUR RAM HAS NO PROBLEMS.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanx for ur replies mohit and Tech&Me :)
Tech&Me wrote:
IF NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. INSERT KNOPIX LINUX LIVE CD IN YOUR CD ROM DRIVE AND TRY TO START YOUR COMPUTER (configure BIOS to boot from CD). IF KNOPPIX LOADS CORRECTLY. YOUR RAM HAS NO PROBLEMS.
I hv checked my RAM onto other mobo and it works fine :)

I connected jus my Processor,HDD and RAM and tried to start my PC byt the same problems occured.Even tried option like SAFE MODE,WINDOWS TO START NORMALLY and LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION but still same BSOD.

But i will try out ur suggestion and if this also fails then my last try will be to giv my mobo to the engineer wen all my troubleshooting is failed :(

Can a faulty HDD be a case?? (i will check my HDD onto another system) or can it be a mobo problem ??

I hv talked to the Engineer and he said to giv me the Motherboard,Processor and the RAM (for chcking as my mobo is in warranty)

Chees n e-peace...and thanx a lot guys for helping me .. :)

Tech&ME

Banned
ashu888ashu888 said:
Thanx for ur replies mohit and Tech&Me :)
Tech&Me wrote:
I hv checked my RAM onto other mobo and it works fine :)

Hey I suggested you to insert the KNOPPIX LIVE CD because, Linux while they start tries to detect every hardware that is connected to the computer. If during probing it cannot detect your RAM then your RAM could not be faulty but your mobo RAM SLOT could be. Understood!

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Tech&Me wrote:
Hey I suggested you to insert the KNOPPIX LIVE CD because, Linux while they start tries to detect every hardware that is connected to the computer. If during probing it cannot detect your RAM then your RAM could not be faulty but your mobo RAM SLOT could be. Understood!
Yup understood buddy.. thanx a lot for suggesting this :) actually never happened such problems with my PC so im basically a novice on the BSOD genre but neways thanx a lot for explaining me in a simple way :)

I will insert the Knoppix Live CD and will see if there is any problem.And yes maybe ur rite tat my RAM slot might be faulty.But can all the 4 RAM slots be faulty at the same time ?? :? .Coz i tried to insert my RAM mudule in each slot and the same problems.Neways i will try it with the Knoppix CD and post my results here :)

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom