BSOD during Xp installation.

kanhadey

Broken In
Today i had to repartition my drives(it contained Win7HP 30 day trail). So i inserted the xp installation disk and deleted all the partitions and created 3 partitions and then head to follow the further xp installation. But just after formatting it eventually gave me a blue screen stating some PF error and told me that this might be because of some hardware change.

I've tried many times but it kept giving the BSOD at some elsewhere points in installation.

To check if this will be bcause of faulty HDD, i replaced the hdd with an other HDD. But the same thing happened.

Even Windows7 doesn't installs on it. After the first reboot during install it just gives a black screen and nothing happens.

I messed with the jumpers in HDD & CDROM. I now can't be able to figure out what to choose for them either CS,SL,M.

Also i do know u that both are PATA 80 GB WD HDD i used & PATA LG DVD ROM. And i have just one IDE cable port on mobo, so i need to connect them on same cable.

Please help.. :-(

OP
kanhadey

kanhadey

Broken In
Its :
Pentium D 2.66 ghz,
Asus P5KPL-AM IN,
1GB value RAM,
80 GB PATA WD,
400 watt Frontech Smps.

I was wondering that Memory was the problem, so I ran MemoryTest from Digit's UBCD. It checked long and continuing to, so I cancel it. But when i restarted Computer it doesn't even now starts.
No beep or sound from PC but only Processor fan it moving and nothing else..

I cleaned Ram but no good. Is it Ram as it shown some errors in test at some 65% of phase I test. If so what happened to it after memtest. Tell me if it isnt the Processor, bcauz i have warranty 4 all peripherals but not 4 proccy.

Top Bottom