BSNL Dataone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
I used dataone service from BSNL on Win XP with SP-2with a D-link Router. Initially it was perfectly fine. I downloaded Skype, Msn Messenger, itunes V5 and realplayer 10 in just a few minutes and restarted the next day. My IE showed the "Page Cannot be Displayed Error". I am connected to Internet as per my router status indication and I have checked the router log also. It states I am connected and lists the DNS Server and Gateway name etc. I am able to ping the DNS server also but my IE still does not display webpages. Internet Options i have selected automatically detect settings in the Lan Settings. Surprisingly the BSNL portal is coming.
I have Norton Internet Security Installed but it allows traffic. I
tried with Mozilla or just any other application they are unable to
connect to the Internet. I called up the BSNL people they say no
problem with the BSNL people. :oops:
When i use my Dial-up everything is fine. :eek:
Pls help.
But it does not create any problem if I use from Windows 2000. I do not know why this is happening. If anyone have a clue please intimate.

digen

Youngling
What about the ping output for any random site such as www.google.com ?
Do you get replies ?
IF yes then paste the IP of google from there in the browser bar & check if the page opens up.

It appears though that something is blocking the connection to the internet.Try disabling Norton for a few seconds & try.

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
Already tried disabling both the firewalls of Windows & Norton. No improvement. Please suggest something better.

digen

Youngling
I would suggest something better to add to already what I asked you for but since you havent given me the details I asked for,I'll ask it again.

What about the ping output for any random site such as www.google.com ?
Do you get replies ?
IF yes then paste the IP of google from there in the browser bar & check if the page opens up.

No offence meant but to ping a site you could open up prompt & type "ping domain name or IP address" [without the quotes ofcourse]

start>run>cmd>ping www.google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom