BSNL dataone - Not able to open certain websites

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Connection - BSNL dataone
Worked fine till day before yesterday. Since 2 days, I am not able to open certain websites eg TDF, hdfcbank (netbanking page), tpb and few more. Happens on all the computers and mobiles connected to the Asus wireless modem. Sites open using proxy websites.

Had similar problems 3years back, when I had netgear modem. Had changed the dns settings etc as suggested on the net but didnt work. Then there were issues with the modem and got a new Asus and suddenly all websites started opening. Had no problem for a year. And now again similar problem.

I am suspecting its a modem issue rather than a broadband one.

How should i deal with this? Quite frustrating. I am using my mobile's data to post this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
change mtu setting(look under internet connection or lan setting).try different values lowering from 1492/1500(whichever is default) by 5(e.g.1480,1475 etc).

y2j826

Journeyman
I have to face same problem every time I format my system and changing the MTU number works for me, seems like same happening to you...

y2j826

Journeyman
Change your MTU settings to 1452 or else 1500, thereafter even if will not work then make sure your PC MTU settings and Modem MTU settings are same...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
experiment with different values & not just one.also see this:
IBM How to ping by packet size to establish Maximum Transmission Unit [MTU] for TCP/IP - United States
also use google dns servers as i found them better than bsnl or open-dns servers.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Change your MTU settings to 1452 or else 1500, thereafter even if will not work then make sure your PC MTU settings and Modem MTU settings are same...

Changed the MTU to 1400 and now the sites are opening! Thanks alot guys. Really appreciate your help.

Top Bottom