BSNL Broadband Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek007391

In the zone
Okay, I dont know why this is happening, I have been doing this for a long long time but this time only I failed.

I was trying to share BSNL Broadband connection between 2 computer. The network map is as follow.

Router ---- > Switch ---- > PC1 and PC2.

I saw that there are 3 Network connection 1394, Local Area Connection Over Ethernet and MAC Network Bridging. The LAN over Ethernet Was bridge and works fine over PPPOE setting in the ZXDSL 831B modem when modem is directly connected to one of the computer. When I connect Modem with the Switch, It does not work at all.

I cant even PING 192.168.1.1.

I tried removing Local Area Connection from Bridging but then It does not connect to internet.

I checked the switch twice got it replaced. nothing worked out.

I really needs to know What went wrong, still unable to figure it out.

I Tried to change the TCP/IP settings, proving stable IP to each computer.
and setting DNS servers, while it still doesnt work. It works only when Local Area Connection is Bridged.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
i use airtel
using 4-6 pc / laptop

airtel modem -----> switch ------> 6 wires coming out from switch into diff lan sockets of each pc / laptop

it doesnt require password tho
bsnl suxx , it requires password and so its hard to use multiple pc i guess

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
It is only the first time I am having the problem.

And the person from whom I purchased the ethernet says I need to share the computer, for which he charges 100Rs. Per PC.

I dont think sharing is required for Internet Connection Distribution Using LAN.

has been working fine in my Shop for Almost 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom