Browser Displaying Only Text For A Specific Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi All,

I'm facing a strange problem with a specific site, that it's only displaying the text, no images or CSS gets rendered.

The problem is same on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer. But a strange thing is that this problem is only on Windows, not on Linux.

I tried deleting the browser cache and cookies, but it didn't resolved the issue.

Any idea? I think it's something to do with Windows temp files or something as the problem is there on every browser.

leelaprasad

Broken In
Its not related windows temp files. That specific website maybe using CDN for images and CSS files etc and your browsers are unable to download them

May be the CDN is down or its not reachable from your network

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Its not related windows temp files. That specific website maybe using CDN for images and CSS files etc and your browsers are unable to download them

May be the CDN is down or its not reachable from your network

Well yes, I tried Chrome Debugging Mode (F12) and I noticed that the CSS files are not loaded from CDN, the CSS file mentioned in Header section is blank.

So how can I fix the issue? Is there any way? Also, if CDN is down, how it works fine in Linux?

The web address??

It's a illegal site, can't name it here :p

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try opening that site through a proxy site.if it opens correctly & assuming same isp for linux maybe the issue is with windows dns or internet security software.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Well yes, I tried Chrome Debugging Mode (F12) and I noticed that the CSS files are not loaded from CDN, the CSS file mentioned in Header section is blank.

So how can I fix the issue? Is there any way? Also, if CDN is down, how it works fine in Linux?

It's a illegal site, can't name it here :p

your antivirus conflicting?? try disabling it.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
try opening that site through a proxy site.if it opens correctly & assuming same isp for linux maybe the issue is with windows dns or internet security software.

Well, from few proxy sites, it's opening fine and from few I can reproduce the exact issue. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

your antivirus conflicting?? try disabling it.

Yeah I think so. But I can't disable my AV completely. Though I'll test once by disabling it. Then I need to find some permanent solution for this.

I use KIS 2014. I tried looking into firewall settings and all, but adding the site to exclusion is not working.

flyingcow

Shibe
i had the same problem with reddit...only text...
i re installed chrome and the issue was resolved, but in your case the issue seems a bit different...
PM me the link and i will try to open it

paroh

Padawan
If this problem is happening in all the browser in windows than there must me some utility (add's block utility) installed that is working universally on every browser in windows and blocking the images.
Also update flash plugins, schockwave plugins and java. and flush the dns cache go to run->cmd->ipconfig /flushdns

u can try this but with very little chance it will work .

1)run firefox->help->restart with add-ons disabled
2)when firefox restart with all addons disabled open the site and check.

Note:Also please post the specific website, so other user can check it out and can further help u out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom