• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Oops,

Unfortunately TouchTel DSL is not available in Collector Nagar (TVS Colony), Tirumanagalam. :cry:

How about the perfomrance of the Sify Cable Internet ??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
sify is little less but, we have to give 35oo bucks...(not refundable)
the unlimited browing account is a shared line is not fast.
did u try dishnet?

drgrudge

it depends...
they have 64kpbs, 128 kpbs.u can buy both in hours pack as well as like unlimited or like amount of mb/gb. if u want only speed and not bother money u can go for their 128kpbs dedicated line.
byt for unlimited they have shared line, which i think will be like a dial up connection speed. did u ask for dishnet?

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Actually I went to *www.ddsl.net as it belongs to DishnetDSL.

But it seems that TATA Indicom has bought the DishnetDSL along with VSNL.

The price rates are very high then the Touchtel or Sify.

I saw the tariff in the website !!.

I am going to go for a unlimited services only, as I use the webcam to chat with my relations abroad.

Ok, now will the Sify's shared line will be better than the Dial up or not ??

DKant

In the zone
Heard that BSNL is offering a 512kBps always on connection for 500 per month. Initial cost is 5000 though - 4000 non-refundable.

plasmafire

Journeyman
thatz good..abt 1megabit wud b better. 128kBps

plzz keep in mind kbps n kBps r not same..128kbps=16kBps..
so,...64kbps is same as brd band..

donn go 4 sify.. i am on sify.. i am 600 pm unltd.user
i am capped at 2-3kBps..those ppl are lying SOBs

drgrudge

tata claims 115kpbs line but,it is like a dial up connection.
my friends say it has improved now...

Aparajith

Broken In
Just got a Dishnet DSL bought by TATA INDICOM 512 Kbps connection.I would very well recommend it.The tariff is as follows :

Installation charges : 2500/- , Refundable deposit : 1000 /- , Monthly 500/- with 20hrs of internet and Rs.25 /- every extra hour. If Monthly rent is Rs.1000/- it is 25hrs of internet and Rs.20 /- every extra hour.Check out their tariff by calling them up,not on their website.Also their service is available almost everywhere.I am at Nanganallur and Touchtel,Sify did not have service here.And the 512Kbps is dead fast dudes.I download files at around 35-40KB/s .I would recommend it.

Aparajith. S

svenkat83

Journeyman
Aparajith said:
Just got a Dishnet DSL bought by TATA INDICOM 512 Kbps connection.I would very well recommend it.The tariff is as follows :

Installation charges : 2500/- , Refundable deposit : 1000 /- , Monthly 500/- with 20hrs of internet and Rs.25 /- every extra hour. If Monthly rent is Rs.1000/- it is 25hrs of internet and Rs.20 /- every extra hour.Check out their tariff by calling them up,not on their website.Also their service is available almost everywhere.I am at Nanganallur and Touchtel,Sify did not have service here.And the 512Kbps is dead fast dudes.I download files at around 35-40KB/s .I would recommend it.

Aparajith. S

Thats too costly by any standards. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom