Broadband for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakshy

Broken In
Plz suggest BSNL tarrif plan for Online gaming for most part of the day [6] hrs minimum. Wich plans rite the unlimited ones or the others?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Others (Home 500). coz the download/upload speeds are far better in non UL Plans.

but major downside-> you've to stay awake from 2/4am to 8am for the 6 hour gaming. :D

i'd suggest other ISP's (Airtel), which might upgrade their services & they have lots of Flexible plans & the best Service Support

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
Airtels not yet available in my place. Without that night UL plan how much of hrs can be played in home 500.
1 queston: how much mb's are downloaded/uploaded in an hour of gaming?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Home 500 happy hours (free d/l)-> 2am-8am

about your question, maybe its around 40+ MB (u/l),

you better have a good PC with atleast 512+ MB RAM, coz the game gets really slow during online gaming.
once i played Trackmania Nations online,(free one), i could play for max. 20 minutes of SlideShow gaming (game got very slow), man my eyes hurt so much on that day. :D

T

thunderbird.117

BSNL has unlimited downloads. You can use.

Iam currently using Sify Dialup. Iam unable to play :(. Airtel does not have the connection here. They asked me to wait. BSNL is only option for me.

If i take BSNL i cant not go for Airtel because i dont have enough money to keep switching over and over again.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I am on home 500 and i have been online gaming in the daytime too :p . Mostly games on indian servrs , or locally with the friends of mine.

T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
I am on home 500 and i have been online gaming in the daytime too :p . Mostly games on indian servrs , or locally with the friends of mine.

Do you know any indian servers that i can play RTS such has company of heroes. I usally play only RTS.

planetcall

Indian by heart
try kawabonka. I played on it long ago. It is still alive and functioning. Though most of the players only go for CS.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I used to play game and most of the time, data transfer was more than 100 mb or so in 2-3 hrs of gameplay !
Moreover.. 2mpbs doesn't matter much if ping is good ie. 256 kbps is enough to play !

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ricky said:
I used to play game and most of the time, data transfer was more than 100 mb or so in 2-3 hrs of gameplay !
Moreover.. 2mpbs doesn't matter much if ping is good ie. 256 kbps is enough to play !

true, but not for every game (farcry needs 512 min) , and if you are creating a server for friends to join , good upload speed matters. But yes if the ping is not good , it doesn't matter how fast connection you have.

runeet

Broken In
yeah but bsnl dont have a stable ip address do they, the address keeps changing which hampers the online gameplay experiance big time, atleast thats what used to happen to me when I was using bsnl.

planetcall

Indian by heart
tarey_g said:
I am on home 500 and i have been online gaming in the daytime too . Mostly games on indian servrs , or locally with the friends of mine.

Which games and which servers ? Mention it here so that others too might join :)

*www.themanandhischeese.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mariorock2.gif

Hi fnrds, i wanna play aoe 2 conqrs on net with other players.
but i dont have landline connection. can i use my cell phone for broadband connection. if yes wat r the options in a city like surat.
assume my cellphone supports everything.

planetcall

Indian by heart
Trust me, you can play AOE on conventional dialup with 3kbps line :). I have played it and it doesnt lag much. Requirement for AOE:Conquerors is not too much but alas, Microsoft zone doesnt allow retail CD games to be played on its server. They have closed the service. You can try GameSpy servers. There still is some juice left but AOE is a fast dying game and I see only about a fraction of online players what used to be about 2 years back. I had a big clan called PhantomKnightsClan ( *www.freewebs.com/phantomknightsclan/ see the site in InternetExplorer only for the scripts to work properly). At its peak it had about 800 members. The site is closed now as I lost interest due to busy schedule and many high level players switched to other games.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
If you ask me for gaming you must have atleast a 256Kbps connection for most new games, 512Kbps and up strongly preferred and optimum is 1-2Mbps. At the moment your best bet in an unlimited or night umlimited plan only.

planetcall

Indian by heart
indeed, newer games need as much bandwidth as you can provide. If you dont have 192 kbps minimum with minimal packet drops then you cant play any of the latest game online. Gamers normally avoid to play with bad ping peeps. So, now that era of AOC is no more :). I usually play Q3Arena online with my 192kbps and get a ping mostly of 250 which is too bad in comparison to my US counterparts having less than 50.

*www.smiley-channel.de/grafiken/smiley/gewalt/smiley-channel.de_gewalt039.gif

Taran0000

Broken In
have anyone noticed change in ping after BSNL upgraded their plans. i m on 900UL usually my ping stays between 250-320 but now after upgradation it goes over 700 +. Have anyone having this problem??

1 more question can u tell me the name of game which have server in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom