Brainstorming: Ideas for a regularly scheduled threads.

Cellphone of the month nomination thread has been created: *geek.digit.in/community/threads/nominations-cellphone-of-the-month-feb-2024.212449/

Let's see how this goes.
25 Feb is a long time. Maybe 1 week to 10 days duration for entries is realistic because of sales that can potentially happen. No idea what level of engagement will be there though as my expectations are low.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That is why I set the time a bit long so that there is ample time to get a decent amount of nominations. Setting the deadline too short could result in too few nominations which wouldn't be as credible.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
It might be a nice idea to to have something like "upcoming thing you're most excited about". It could be a revolving collection, we could keep removing things that get released from that roster.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Something like one thread for "upcoming game you're most excited about", another thread for "upcoming mobile you're most excited about", and have that serve as the perpetual current "top 10 upcoming things" family of threads on the forum.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Something like your upcoming games thread ( *geek.digit.in/community/threads/which-upcoming-game-are-you-excited-to-play.208402/ ), but the first post should be edited to reflect whatever is the current state of the quorum.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, we need some publicity. Though IMO people like to talk about games more than anything else.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Considering that there haven't been enough nominations, I guess the Samsung S24 Ultra and OnePlus 12R are poised to be phones of the month.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I mean phones of the month is good and all, but what about the phone which we can actually buy?
Maybe we need to have best phones in budget categories too.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I mean phones of the month is good and all, but what about the phone which we can actually buy?
There are budget categories, see the Cellphones of the month nomination thread. Nobody nominated for those categories so there was nothing to feature for those.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, the nominations will only work if we have more people.
Anyway, will try to post some nomination for March when the thread is there.

Also, can we nominate any phone from the past or latest phones?

I didn't nominate any because of upcoming releases. We got 2 good phones this week, F15/M15 5G (under 15k) & Nothing 2a (under 25k).

Those 2 + OP12R/iQoo Neo 9 pro would be my phone recommendations for most people as they honestly don't need to spend more than 40k on phones at all. BBK needs to upgrade its ultrawide camera. At this point it just seems like a deliberate attempt to make people jump to OP12 or iQoo 12, etc, but primary rear cam is good for the price, so fine.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I haven't started the March nominations yet because I am a bit busy. I will probably put it up today.

Meanwhile, are there any other threads you guys would like to start?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Meanwhile, are there any other threads you guys would like to start?
Best laptop of the month is possible? Wanted a thread for gaming laptops with professional looks like Asus zephyrus g14( myself using it from 2020) wanted to know similar laptops from other brands with the look and weight of a normal laptop but have gaming laptop features to use in a professional environment as well as gaming

Best laptop of the month is possible? Wanted a thread for gaming laptops with professional looks like Asus zephyrus g14( myself using it from 2020) wanted to know similar laptops from other brands with the look and weight of a normal laptop but have gaming laptop features to use in a professional environment as well as gaming
Many good options don't launch in India because of very low demand. I mean even 10% of gamers might not buy a 1 lakh+ laptop here (just guessing).

Top Bottom