Bought my first Android Xolo Q700 but very new to Android

dtfuser

Broken In
Hi,

Finally I bought my first Android. It's too late to switch to Android. My friends have changed minimum two Androids by now. But anyway I am happy. It's Xolo Q700. Bought from Indiatimes shopping in 8090/- Honestly I wanted to buy Gionee Gpad G2 for bigger screen and 8MP camera. But it was a bit out of my budget. So I settled for Q700. Anyway I am happy with the phone.

I am very new to Android. I need some help/guide to get familiar with Android.

My second question is should I buy flipcover? Which one is good flip cover for Xolo Q700. Xolo has already given one screen gurad. So that is okay. I may have to buy flipcover. But don't which one should be better for Xolo Q700.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
First of all, try to take my points in a positive spirit. If you don't like my tone, just ignore. No need to reply with flames.

So, coming to the main part, do not just buy or use something just because your "friends" or "others" did it. They might have the resources at disposal. You might not. Forcing yourself to fit into a group is a very bad thing. Today they might have changed 2 phones, and you finally caught up with them by getting yourself an Android phone. Attaboy!
But tomorrow, they might change 2 cars or 2 flats or heck! Wives even. What then? You won't be in a position to do it and you'l go on a "i feel left out" trip. Bad! Trust me. BAD!

On the other hand, I'm no Android user, but the internet and experimenting are your friends if you want to get familiar with anything in this world. Like they say, experience is the best teacher. Just start using, looking around with some options, tweak some settings that are safe to be tweaked. See what changes are reflected, etc. Just a matter of time and you'l be swipin your screen like slidin a knife through butter.

About the flip cover part, there are expensive ones from branded companies and the ones locally made and available. Unless you are a brand conscious person, I suggest you to buy a local flip cover that fits your phone's dimensions. Its just a flip cover. Main purpose is to protect your screen / phone from external dirt and other stuff. So as long as it serves the purpose and has decent color / looks, the brand shouldn't matter.

About the screen guard, the default ones provided by the phone companies are USUALLY sucky. They ward off within a couple of days. Invest in a good screen guard and change the default one ASAP.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi,

Finally I bought my first Android. It's too late to switch to Android. My friends have changed minimum two Androids by now. But anyway I am happy. It's Xolo Q700. Bought from Indiatimes shopping in 8090/- Honestly I wanted to buy Gionee Gpad G2 for bigger screen and 8MP camera. But it was a bit out of my budget. So I settled for Q700. Anyway I am happy with the phone.

I am very new to Android. I need some help/guide to get familiar with Android.

My second question is should I buy flipcover? Which one is good flip cover for Xolo Q700. Xolo has already given one screen gurad. So that is okay. I may have to buy flipcover. But don't which one should be better for Xolo Q700.

Congrats on you new purchase its a very good buy.

Don't use screenguard provided by Xolo better buy from market.It is always better to buy flip cover for phone.
Regarding Android
I am posting some must have applicatioms
1)chrome
2)Dr web antivirus
3)Skype
4)office Suit
5)maven player
6)MX player

Never ever use task killers it causes too harm than good.

Here is battery saving tips for android
How to Save Battery Power on an Android: 15 Steps (with Pictures)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: there is a good android thread for beginners here in TDF.

1 point from my side...
screen guard are just a layer of protection only needed when your phone screen is not scratch resistant...trust me I have used 2 screen guards on my fone (but they all finally removed due to prolong use/sweating etc) u don't need any
and currently I'm using my phone without a screen guard.
why to throw extra money when u already investing in a scratch resistant glass (Gorilla Glass/Oleo-phobic etc)

First of all, try to take my points in a positive spirit. If you don't like my tone, just ignore. No need to reply with flames.

So, coming to the main part, do not just buy or use something just because your "friends" or "others" did it. They might have the resources at disposal. You might not. Forcing yourself to fit into a group is a very bad thing. Today they might have changed 2 phones, and you finally caught up with them by getting yourself an Android phone. Attaboy!
But tomorrow, they might change 2 cars or 2 flats or heck! Wives even. What then? You won't be in a position to do it and you'l go on a "i feel left out" trip. Bad! Trust me. BAD!
WTF :lol: :censored::facepalm: is that?

ankush28

Bazinga
I am posting some must have applicatioms
1)chrome
2)Dr web antivirus
3)Skuupe
4)office Suit
5)poweramp
6)MX player

Never ever use task killers or battery savers

+1 for this

no need of aftermarket scretch guard... use stock one upto maximum time you can use they are not that much crap(my SGY's scratch is still doing its job after 1.5year)
also no need of flipcovers...

OP
D

dtfuser

Broken In
Thanks all for the help.

@prehistoricgamer I take your comments in positive spirit. Thanks for it. But you misunderstood me. I did not buy Android phone just because my friends changed minimum two phones. I wanted to buy it from long time. Diwali was occasion, and I am happy on my purchase.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Grandpa is on the internwebz bro..run...run for your life

Coming from the kid who looks like a douche bag. I suggest you to man up and match your talk with your personality before you go sarcastic on the internet. Comprende?

Thanks all for the help.

@prehistoricgamer I take your comments in positive spirit. Thanks for it. But you misunderstood me. I did not buy Android phone just because my friends changed minimum two phones. I wanted to buy it from long time. Diwali was occasion, and I am happy on my purchase.

In that case, it's my bad. Sorry that I misunderstood you then :) Oh I almost forgot, Congratulations on the buy. How is the phone? I too am planning to buy a new affordable Android phone. Any chance of posting the review / feedback for the phone ? As this phone was one in my list of choices.

OP
D

dtfuser

Broken In
In that case, it's my bad. Sorry that I misunderstood you then :) Oh I almost forgot, Congratulations on the buy. How is the phone? I too am planning to buy a new affordable Android phone. Any chance of posting the review / feedback for the phone ? As this phone was one in my list of choices.
Refer to Sam's buying guide table, your budget, your requirement and it's very simple to choose. If you need review of any phone, just type on google.

Top Bottom