Bought a brand new Samsung Wave

bobby23

Broken In
Hello everyone. I just bought a brand new Samsung Wave yesterday. It is an awesome phone, this is first time buying a touch screen phone I it’s just awesome. The screen is very good and the 5MP camera is rocking. But I have few issues actually they may not be issues, since I am new to touch screen phones those who have used Samsung Wave please help me out:

1. I use phone memory to store contacts rather than SIM, I have around 100 contacts and when I select them all and delete them it takes around 30+ seconds. Why does it take such a long time to delete with1GHz processor? My 5 year old Nokia 6630 deletes all the contacts faster.

2. I am having difficulty with auto rotate. The auto rotate doesn’t work all the time, I mean I have to go back to portrait mode and rotate the phone to landscape mode twice sometimes for it rotate. Also after rotating the phone the screen rotates after 1-2 seconds later is it normal or is it just my phone?

3. Finally, how many hours do I have to charge the phone for the first time? I didn’t charge the phone immediately because I was exploring it for few hours and then switched off the phone and charged it for 9 hours continuously. Do I have to charge it more or is it enough? Also will there be any problem because I didn’t charge the phone as soon as I got it. Can anyone tell me about the battery life like how long is the standby time etc? I know the theoretical standby time, I have in seen in many sites, but I want to know from people who actually have used or using Samsung Wave.

Thanks in advance. Again Samsung Wave is SUPERB :grin:

hackerzlab

Journeyman
can't help buddy since i dont use it.

from the videos i have seen, the auto rotate taking 1-2 sec is normal.
i can't really comment on the battery.
the speed to delete those contacts can be because its a smart phone lol.. nothing beats those java phones in terms of speed. besides, they got nothing in them.

btw, how much did u pay for the phone and from where? i'm thinkin of Nokia c6 but taking a look at samsung wave too.

OP
bobby23

bobby23

Broken In
@ hackerzlab thanks a lot for the reply. I payed 17.9K and I am from Chennai. Spec wise C6 is bit inferior to Wave and C6 costs around 15K not accurate though. You can spend a little more and get Wave. Wave is the best in it's price range at least spec wise and also the reviews I read are all favorable towards Wave. But it is your choice.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1. I use phone memory to store contacts rather than SIM, I have around 100 contacts and when I select them all and delete them it takes around 30+ seconds. Why does it take such a long time to delete with1GHz processor? My 5 year old Nokia 6630 deletes all the contacts faster.

deleting contacts 30secs doesnt mean the 1GHz proccy is slower.....
u can test the phone speed by doing other multitasking.....jobs:grin:

2. I am having difficulty with auto rotate. The auto rotate doesn’t work all the time, I mean I have to go back to portrait mode and rotate the phone to landscape mode twice sometimes for it rotate. Also after rotating the phone the screen rotates after 1-2 seconds later is it normal or is it just my phone?

i think u need to show this to sum1 who knows/has Wave......
Btw autorotate means it will rotate to landscape automatically when u rotate is 90degree....

3. Finally, how many hours do I have to charge the phone for the first time? I didn’t charge the phone immediately because I was exploring it for few hours and then switched off the phone and charged it for 9 hours continuously. Do I have to charge it more or is it enough? Also will there be any problem because I didn’t charge the phone as soon as I got it. Can anyone tell me about the battery life like how long is the standby time etc? I know the theoretical standby time, I have in seen in many sites, but I want to know from people who actually have used or using Samsung Wave.
u have to charge until the battery is full....
;-)

OP
bobby23

bobby23

Broken In
@karan thxs, I know i have to charge the battery till it is full, i am talking about initial charging....

hackerzlab

Journeyman
now that u have already charged and started using it for a couple of days, its irrelevant anymore :)

enjoy and do keep us updated with your new wave. would like to hear your review and your past phones' experience.

Top Bottom