Booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_logical

Broken In
hi,
yesterday i reinstalled WIN XP on my system. while installing i formatted a partition using the option in setup. the problem is that when the system boots up sys provides two options for booting into win xp. one of them is void. i want to remove this. what shld i do.

plz hlp

thnx

KnightRider

Broken In
i think u have not formated the drive where the os was previously installed.. as as u formated the other drive u are getting 2 option in the menu...... and one of them is corruoted of deleted.... you can go to boot .ini and edit it... but i would since u have reinstalled xp recently... its better to install it again.. and be carefull. this time make sure u format the root directory where the 1st xp was installed..... and dont forget to format the other drive where u have recently nstalled xp.....(2nd format is to remove extra files) -> before that make all data back ups to some other drive letter...

mr_356

Broken In
Go through
Start>Run>type "msconfig".
In msconfig window select booi.ini
Than Check both path.Windows remove currupted.

You can also do this from boot.ini file(path- C:\boot.ini).

crashuniverse

In the zone
You can also do this from boot.ini file(path- C:\boot.ini).

Delete the unnecessary line(s) and make sure u have a right OS selected as default. u need to figure out hd and partition using the coding given there.

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Or else if you cannot find boot.ini , then just right click on My Computer
-> & search for the option edit boot.ini...

I dont have WinXP installed right now so dont remember it correctly...

OP
M

mr_logical

Broken In
thnks but one more

thank you very much!!!!

i also have another problem. i cannot install updates provided my microsoft for win xp bcoz my copy is not authentic. is there any way to get them??????

thnx

aadipa

Padawan
Re: thnks but one more

mr_logical said:
i cannot install updates provided my microsoft for win xp bcoz my copy is not authentic. is there any way to get them??????

There are many but this is not a placeto talk about illegal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom