Discussion: boAt product support repair or RMA service

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I purchased boAt rugged v3 micro USB Cable @ ₹199 in 2018
Now it's not charging my device.
This product have 2 years warranty, warranty is still intact.

I registered complaint on boAt site
-CUSTOMER VALUE-
Provided all necessary details, pickup and shipping details etc.

I got SMS from boAt with "service ticket" after registering complaint.

Today again I got SMS from boAt about status of complaint, -
"Dear XYZ, we have successfully received your complaint and we will pick up your unit via XpressBees.
Your Reverse Pickup number is .....123456.....
Please refer to our email for further action.
You can Also track the status of your complaint on -CUSTOMER VALUE-
Our New Customer service number is 91-2249461882"

Got another sms, -

"Dear XYZ, Thank you for choosing our product. You have successfully registered your product. Your Unique code is ...123.... Please use this code in all your further communication.
Our New Customer service number is 91-2249461882"

After registering complaint, I got 2 e-mail about, -

"A new IM-boAt account has been created for you.
Click the url below to activate your account and select a password!
Support
If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.
Regards,
IM-boAt"

"Dear XYZ,
Your complaint has been successfully registered and your Ticket Number is ...123...
Once your Invoice* & Warranty* is validated by our team you would receive a reverse pick up number
* Provided the pickup & Dispatch facility must be available at the given pin-code
Please ensure your get in touch with our courier partner and handover your unit packed without accessories.
Since this is Door to Door service it would take at-least 12-15 days for the you to receive a replacement unit.
For any further detail please contact our customer services team on +91-2249461882
* Warranty is subject to terms & Conditions, Please refer below link to Terms of Use to refer to our terms and conditions"

Another email today about registered complaint..

"Dear XRZ
Thank you for choosing our products.
You have successfully registered your product. Your Unique code is ...123.... Please use this unique code for further communication
and/or registering a product complaint .
Please do not reply to this mail. This is an Auto Generated Mail and replies to this email ID are not attended.
Our New Customer service number is +91-2249461882
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/4efb13d6fd670fa59f2445202cc497d0.jpg "

Another email today, -

"Dear XYZ,
We have successfully received your complaint.
Please follow the below steps in order to serve your better:
1. Your reverse Pick up waybill number is stated below,
2. Once the unit is picked up it would reach us in 4/5 working days
3. We would require another 3/4 working days to Repair/Replace the unit if found faulty
4. Once a replacement is issued you will be intimated through SMS and email about dispatch of your Replacement unit
Your waybill number : ...123.. , you can also track your picked up package using this link Xpressbees AWB Tracking & Shipment Status
5. Your pick up will be initiated in the next 48 hours
In case you need to change the date and time of your pick please call XpressBees on +912049116100 or email at customercare@xpressbees.com and reschedule your pick up.
Your Ticket number is ...123... please use this ticket number for all future correspondence & for tracking the status of your complaint.
You can Also track the status of your complaint on XpressBees
Please ensure you pack the units properly before handing it over to courier person.
For any further detail please contact our customer services team on +91-2249461882
Note:
If any physical damage is detected (found) in your product after receiving it at our end, we will dispatch(return) the same unit at your said address.
We would request you to pack the faulty unit as such it should not get physically damage in transit (transport) period."
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/6a98b8e29aa97be07f07ce70fe2542fd.jpg

My question - can anyone simply explain me, how do I pack my unit?
After purchase I got product with box packaging and 2 year warranty card. Like this
(
)

how to pack the product, for pickup.??
Not clearly mentioned about pickup related things?
anyone?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just write receiver address as Boat customer care/service centre & sender address(your address). You can put inside photocopy/printout of invoice. Are these details not mentioned in communication from boat?

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Just write receiver address as Boat customer care/service centre & sender address(your address). You can put inside photocopy/printout of invoice. Are these details not mentioned in communication from boat?
Ok I will do that..
No, not mentioned.. I copy pasted all their sms and email..

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Also write the ticket number sent by boat customer care on the parcel/cable box.
The reverse pickup was so fast, he came early morning, I sticked lable of name address on box and invoice inside. And sealed the box with tape. I kept cable + invoice inside the box + lable on the box.
He told me that you don't have to do anything. We will pack it for you and and no need to write lable and address, we apply our own packaging on original product box.
I told him that i kept copy of invoice inside the package.
He said no need for invoice also.
Then he left.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Now got SMS from pickup service..

PICKUP DONE:Your order from IMAGINE MARK..(..123..)is picked on AWB:....123... Download acknowledgement *www.xpressbees.com/rpid= etc etc etc

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was just extra caution,reverse pickup usually means courier service already got paid by the company arranging the reverse pickup & they have already given details to courier company.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
though reverse pickup showed early product delivery.. but no clear mentioned of it on tracking site.. Xpressbees.com | E-Commerce Logistics Company India

exactly one week later, new email..

Dear XYZ,
We have successfully received your unit at our service location & your unit has been forwarded to our service team.
We will revert to you within 4 days with status of your complaint.
Your Ticket number is ...123.... Please use this ticket number for all future correspondence & for tracking the status of your complaint.

Note:- Replacement unit color may vary and shall be subject to availability of stock.

also received sms on same date :-

Dear XYZ, we have successfully received your unit at our service location & your unit has been forwarded to our service team. We will revert to you within 4 days with status of your complaint.
Your Ticket number is ...123.... Please use this ticket number for all future correspondences & for tracking the status of your complaint.

You can also track the status of your complaint at -CUSTOMER VALUE-
Our New Customer service number is 91-2249461882

after 3-4 days got sms again, from boAt

Dear XYZ, we have shipped a replacement unit to your registered address via XpressBees tracking number ...321...

Check ticket status via -CUSTOMER VALUE-

You can track the status of your package via *www.xpressbees.com/track-shipment.aspx?tracking_id=...123...

Also I checked ticket status on this link -
*imaginemarketing.freshdesk.com/support/
(i thought that from above link i can directly talk to customer care/service, but i was wrong, it was more like automated messages of service status.)

Dear xyz,
We have successfully received your unit at our service location & your unit has been forwarded to our service team.
We will revert to you within 4 days with status of your complaint.
Your Ticket number is ..123... Please use this ticket number for all future correspondence & for tracking the status of your complaint.

Note:- Replacement unit color may vary and shall be subject to availability of stock.

meanwhile ticket status as of now on -CUSTOMER VALUE-

Your Ticket Status :
#
Date Status
1 4 November 2019 Replacement unit dispatched to customer
Track Your product
2 31 October 2019 Replacement Product Issued
3 31 October 2019 Product Successfully Received at Service center
4 31 October 2019 Product Pick up generated for servicing and replacement
Track Your product
5 23 October 2019 Approved
6 23 October 2019 Pending

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't provide ( they don't take ) the invoice how can they determine the purchase date ? Did i miss something or you sent the soft copy of the invoice while registering the product for RMA ?

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
If you don't provide ( they don't take ) the invoice how can they determine the purchase date ? Did i miss something or you sent the soft copy of the invoice while registering the product for RMA ?
okay.. please check 1st post..
for 1st time when you register your complaint here..
-*support.boat-lifestyle.com/complaintregistration-
You are asked to upload invoice : "Invoice size should be less then 5Mb"

Also as i posted earlier, i included invoice print copy inside packaging box applied by me which handed over to reverse pickup. After that I don't know how they handle operate..
I also asked about that operation to reverse pickup guy, he told me that you don't have to do anything.
We will pack it for you and and no need to write lable and address, we apply our own packaging on original product box. I told him that i kept copy of invoice inside the package. He said no need for invoice also. Also as per boAt reverse pickup service you just need to hand over only product, without any box or any extra things like eartips, clips, case etc..

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Post #10
after those updates, on 5th november, got sms
Dear XYZ, we have shipped a replacement unit to your registered address via XpressBees tracking number ...123321....

Check ticket status via *support.boat-lifestyle.com/ticket/123456

You can track the status of your package via *www.xpressbees.com/track-shipment.aspx?tracking_id=...123321...

one next day, on 6th nov, another sms came..
Your IMAGINE MARKET.. order AWB:...123321..., for Boat Micro RUG.. will be delivered today. For Queries, Contact: 9876543210
product replacement/RMA was successful..
after that no sms or no mail..

ticket status as of now. -*support.boat-lifestyle.com/ticket-
Your Ticket Number : ...123321...
Product Name : Boat Micro RUGGED V3 Black
#
Date Status
1 5 November 2019 Complaint closed
2 4 November 2019 Replacement unit dispatched to customer
Track Your product
3 31 October 2019 Replacement Product Issued
4 31 October 2019 Product Successfully Received at Service center
5 31 October 2019 Product Pick up generated for servicing and replacement