Boarding School - pros and cons

axes2t2

I am a cat
Yeah and she insisted that we should send him when he would be of 6 yrs. The point suits me well and now I'm inquiring for reputated boarding schools.

All the best.

Visit the school before making the decision if possible.

TechGuru

Broken In
Hello friends,

Did you heard about this boarding school in India. I heard Taurian World School is India's top 10 boarding school. Please check the below description.

Spread across 65 acres of lush green undulating land, amidst natural valleys, the Taurian World School at Ranchi, India, has been designed as a premier educational institute that promotes the holistic development of students. Based on a dream to create an ideal 'educational environment' and to redefine 'learning' in terms of facility and ambience, the school uses an innovative spatial palette with high-level technology and superior quality materials.

Taurian

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I have two kids, one 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter, both are doing ok with school, i dont expect them to be IIT's or IIM's in future, they are in normal school, Me and my wife both works and are almost out for all day. We get only 1 to face each in a day, on sunday we are together.

Now we thought many times to put kids in boarding school, but then i looked back at my childhood, the memories i have with my parents, my neighbors are price less, no matter what i will not put my kids in boarding school, unless until in extreme condition or if its unavoidable.

I am not against of boarding school, we indians since ancient time send kids in Guru Kool, to learn, so its not new, but that was good old time, when people were good, and kids were sent at around 12 year of age, but now we dont know what happens in those school, a child feel safe when he or she see their parents everyday.

good luck and hoping good for your kid and you

Whistler81

The One and Only
[MENTION=1512]reddick[/MENTION] to answer your question. I will recommend you send your son to St. Michael's School Siliguri, West Bengal. I have spent the best years of my life in this school. The best part of this schools is most of the teachers who teach stay in the school itself and therefore there are always plenty of them around. The food is really good. They have tremendous board exam results, you will see that in the website. They have the best football team in the region. Quiz, Elocution, clubs plenty of extracurricular activities. Please watch out this is not a five star school like Pailan and Goekna and the rest. This is a real simple but hell of a school. Mostly Christan and Anglo-Indian teachers so English is top notch. Now since your son is 4 i would suggest Sun Shine School Kerseong, West Bengal. Let him do his lower level classes there then bring him down to Siliguri. Understand I am only suggesting schools where I have studied and can vouch for. This school has boarding facility for students from nursery onward. Mostly lady teachers who are very kind and loving. Plenty of additional helpers, medical staff and plenty of games time. This school is located in the hills of Kerseong/Darjeeling so the weather is absolutely fantastic. I support your decision to send your child off to boarding so early on. I thank my parents for doing the same for me.

Yes, boarding school life is hard when problems come, when your shoes are not polished or your nails are long and there is an inspection, but they teach you to be self dependent. Plenty of other life lessons can be inculcated. Day scholar schools have too much nonsense going around. Boarding life is simple, studies, games, food and sleep. I'll tell you, these schools have it "figured out" how to raise a child. There are no unnecessary rules that create problems, very simple lifestyle. You son will like it. If you want to know further feel free to contact me. There are a lot of people judging you for your decision i want to say to them you really shouldn't because you don't know how awesome boarding school life is. You make friends for life.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm against sending a kid of such age to send boarding school. He will never ever value you as father as a normal kid. Psychology of such students who sent at such age is very different from normal kids, with less family values and more immorality in their lifestyle.

says who ?

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Bro , I'm from Punjab and West Bengal is too far to send him.
He will be admitted when he would be 6 yrs. or more
Thanks anyways for your support :)

ranjan82

Right off the assembly line
Re: Boarding School in North India

I think the pros are: at the top schools, it's a secondary school education second to none. Your kid will learn a lot in the classroom, but will also learn self-reliance, ethics and personal responsibility. They will be tremendously prepared for college, especially in terms of writing skills. The friends they go through school with will be their best friends for the rest of their life. It is challenging and can be incredibly fun, and at certain moments at my school the setting inspired a magical je ne sais quoi that was profoundly moving.

The cons are: it's not for everyone. Some of the pressures to succeed, do well in classes, look good, etc. can get intense, and there's a set of kids that really struggle and have an unpleasant time. Kids grow up pretty fast, and use of alcohol, adderall, and harder substances is common. If they have extra-curricular interests beyond what the school offers, they are generally out of luck. It costs a lot of money, although financial aid at some schools is getting up to par with that of elite colleges. I also wouldn't recommend it to parents who want to be intimately involved in the details of their child's life, as it will be frustrating for both parties.

If the parents and child are prepared for what boarding school entails, I would strongly recommend it.

Top Bottom